Block question

venom279

Established Member
Guys,

What year did Ford start using the NON-nvh blocks in the lightnings? I was thinking 01'

Thanks

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
um, what are you talking about, are these inferior to my '00 block. i sure hope so, cause i hate it that you '03 up guys have the better heads.

FordFanStan

Established Member
Im a lil mixed up about your question. Maybe I've got it backwards but I think that they used NVH blocks in either all the 2nd Gen years or in the latter years only, backwards from what your stating/asking. It's got me thinking now haha. I'm going to look this up now lol... Stan

Last edited:

venom279

Established Member
FordFanStan said:
Im a lil mixed up about your question. Maybe I've got it backwards but I think that they used NVH blocks in either all the 2nd Gen years or in the latter years only, backwards from what your stating/asking. It's got me thinking now haha. I'm going to look this up now lol... Stan

Ford first 5.4 blocks were called NVH blocks. They started producing them in 97' (I believe) with the new body style. They were thicker and beefier than the newer ones. Sometime, around 01'(I believe), they started using a different style block that was approximately 25 lbs lighter. Just trying to find a newer block, that's why I called it a non-nvh block. Sorry about the confusion. If you can find some info about that it would be great!! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread