Blow by

sleek98

Established Member
I checked out my buddy's vacuum setup this morning and we're going to try something similar on the GT500. Pretty simple setup....the pump runs on 12v switched, produces about 6in of vacuum, will be trunk mounted, and the hose routing is very simple. We'll get to it in the next few weeks and I'll post pics of the installation. It should be easily replicable by anyone else who wants to give it a shot.

Would like to know the details. I have empty space where the stock ic tank was that I could mount a tank instead of running it back to the trunk.

RBB

Established Member
Would like to know the details. I have empty space where the stock ic tank was that I could mount a tank instead of running it back to the trunk.
Nice, that would be a good spot for it. The pump is decent sized and I'm out of room under the hood....fuel pressure regulator on driver's side shock tower, vacuum manifold and large fuse holder on passenger side firewall. You could maybe fab a bracket to have it come off the passenger side shock tower, he can weld something up so that may be an option as well. The vacuum pump in his Terminator is trunk mounted to keep the engine bay looking clean.

Users who are viewing this thread