blower for 95R

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by points3
Anyone know if a procharger 5.0 kit will work on the cobra r? If not, does anyone else make a kit for the Cobra R?
Thanks
Jason Brown
94 Lightning - #1928

Jason,
Can't answer your question specifically about the pro-charger, but I do know a guy that has a s/c on a 95R. I can't remember what kind it is, but we saw it running over at Road America this fall. The car is owned by a friend of Kevin and I'm sure he would help get you the details when he gets back.

Brian

btw. Where in Minnesota do you live?

Brian,
I'm in the St. Paul area, i think i talked to you on the NLOC board a while back. My uncle is looking into a 95R, but his last mustang was blown, and it would be fun to have this one blown as well, plus it's a little different. Thanks for the help.
Jason Brown
94 Lightning - #1928

Cobra-R

Established Member
Brian,
I'm in the St. Paul area, i think i talked to you on the NLOC board a while back. My uncle is looking into a 95R, but his last mustang was blown, and it would be fun to have this one blown as well, plus it's a little different. Thanks for the help.
Jason Brown
94 Lightning - #1928

Hmm, Is there a 95R for sale around here? I have never seen one in these parts.

Let your uncle know about our little corner of the world here. Great bunch of guys in here (even though some of them like diesiel trucks). Stay in touch, would be fun to meet up sometime next summer on university ave. or something.

Brian

We found one out east, in pennsylvania, and one down south somewhere, can't remeber off the top of my head where though. I only went down to university twice last summer, it's getting overrun with ricers, and it just isn't the same as it was a few years ago, we've started going out to North St. Paul, there are some great hotrods out there, plus they close off the streets so there aren't a bunch of morons doing burnouts and stuff and the stoplights. My uncle has a bunch of old fords that have been restored to mint condition, he just finished a 57' fairlane custom tudor, that has a 385hp cratemotor, and aod, and absolutely perfect red paint, and flames, it's a great cruiser.
Jason Brown
94 Lightning - #1928

KK 2206

Established Member
I'am also thinking about supercharging my 95 R. I Would like to have phone # of person that has a supercharged 95 R. Also does anyone make good exhaust system? :idea:

Dennis

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by KK 2206
I'am also thinking about supercharging my 95 R. I Would like to have phone # of person that has a supercharged 95 R. Also does anyone make good exhaust system? :idea:

Dennis

When Kevin gets back this weekend, we can see if he will help us get the info. The one I am referring to was a nice setup in the fact that they broke a blower belt and they were still able to drive it. I believe they ran two days on the track without the belt on.

Dennis,
When Dean see's this, I am sure he would help. He just put a Bassani on his R this summer. It took a little extra work to clear the fuel cell, but he got it to work and it look really good.

Brian

Dean95CobraR

Established Member

Dennis

Bassani's off-road or catted x-pipe will fit perfectly in the R. Just order one for the '94-'95 Cobra. The Bassani Catback was another story. I've had to make several changes to the system to make it work. The passenger side pipe will need to be cut and rewelded to get it around the fuel cell. I will tell you that it really sounds killer though.

I have heard from someone that the Magnaflow exhause will fit around the fuel cell without modifications.

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
Anyone know if a procharger 5.0 kit will work on the cobra r? If not, does anyone else make a kit for the Cobra R?
Thanks
Jason Brown
94 Lightning - #1928

I don't think you need a special blower for the R. I'll bet every manufacturer makes one for a 351 W. There's nothing special about the R's 351 configuration.

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Originally posted by Dean95CobraR

Bassani's off-road or catted x-pipe will fit perfectly in the R. Just order one for the '94-'95 Cobra. The Bassani Catback was another story. I've had to make several changes to the system to make it work. The passenger side pipe will need to be cut and rewelded to get it around the fuel cell. I will tell you that it really sounds killer though.

I have heard from someone that the Magnaflow exhause will fit around the fuel cell without modifications.

I too have a Bassani off road X-pipe on my '95 R and it does fit perfectly! For the cat-back I went with a Flowmaster Force 2. I was able to hang it on the car, but I need to adjust it a bit as it rubs a little when the car leans during a turn. I don't think it will be a big deal to do this though. Just haven't taken the time to crawl under it lately.

As far as the blower goes, I believe what is different from the 5.0's is the mounting bracket for the blower. The 351 is taller than the 302 therefore requires a slightly different bracket or different holes drilled in the 5.0 bracket to make everything line up. The S/C uints are the same. At one point I called Kenne Bell (1-909-941-6646) and he told me of a place that made the custom 351 bracket for his Whipplecharger. Also called Steeda and they have done it too with Vortech's. If I was really gonna do it, I'd be looking a one of those ATI ProCharger P-1SC blowers w/ the self-contained oiling system. DON'T drill holes if ya don't have to! :)

My '95R is For Sale in case anyone is interested. :-D [email protected]

thanks for the reply, i've been checking around, and there still seems to be some debate as to whether a 302 braket will fit on a taller 351. If worse comes to worse, i have a friend who could probably make a bracket to fit, but a bolt on one would be a lot easier.
btw, hammrhead how much are you asking for your R?
Jason Brown
94 Lightning - #1928

Cobra-R

Established Member
thanks for the reply, i've been checking around, and there still seems to be some debate as to whether a 302 braket will fit on a taller 351. If worse comes to worse, i have a friend who could probably make a bracket to fit, but a bolt on one would be a lot easier.
btw, hammrhead how much are you asking for your R?
Jason Brown
94 Lightning - #1928

Jason,
If it is important for you to figure out beforehand, we have a 95R you and your uncle can look at if it would help. I will be hauling it over to faribault today, and it will be over there the rest of the winter.

Brian

Terry Moenich

Established Member
Don't know about the Pro-charger, I do know some brackets and the intake tube are different on the Vortech kit, as compared to the 5.0 For the Cobra R if you deside to go Vortech, ask for the kit for a Saleen S351 I had a 95R and a S351 the engine braketry is identical

Cobra-R

Established Member
Where is the best place to buy a Bassani exhaust system?:p :p

If you join SCMC(SVT Cobra Mustang Club) we have a group purchase going on till the end of the month and Bassani exhaust is part of it. I will let Dean fill you in if you want specifics. You have to be a club member to participate, but it only costs $15.00/ yr. Here is the link. www.svtcobraclub.com

Brian

kevin

Originally posted by Cobra-R

When Kevin gets back this weekend, we can see if he will help us get the info. The one I am referring to was a nice setup in the fact that they broke a blower belt and they were still able to drive it. I believe they ran two days on the track without the belt on.

Dennis,
When Dean see's this, I am sure he would help. He just put a Bassani on his R this summer. It took a little extra work to clear the fuel cell, but he got it to work and it look really good.

Brian

i'll give tim a cal on his blower and let y'all know

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by kevin

i'll give tim a cal on his blower and let y'all know

a cal ??????? Is that Colorado talk??:lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread