Blower Swap

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
Im about to swap out my stock eaton with a ported one. Could you guys give me some pointers on the things I should have before hand? And the best way to get the blower bolts loose without snapping them? Ill be doin this in my garage so tools are limited. Thanks for any advice in advance:burnout:

strictly6racing

Strictly6racing
Established Member
the only tricky part is removing the bolts that hold the intercooler to the blower, heat them up with a torch before you try to loosen them up. if not, they snap really easy because of the factory loctite and weak **s bolts. (hope this helps)

NITROS COBRA

Established Member
Remove the ten bolts in the manifold, pull the whole enchalada. Put it on a work area and do everything out of car. Much easier. Then do it in reverse order, your back will love you.

xcobra04x

New mustang being built..
Established Member
if you dont have a torch, I used a blow dryer. it worked well

You can use some carb cleaner to clean out your blower's intercooler from all the excess oil...

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
I didnt think anybody was gonna comment on this one, thanks alot fellas. What kind of gaskets am I gonna need? Anybody have any idea of what kind of #'s Ill make? K&N filter, SLP catback, stage 3 steggy port, 2.8 upper and x3 tuner are my mods so far. I also have an accufab polished plenum that I really dont need right now:wf:I know but hey if somebody wants it, make an offer. Could I possibly trade this for a ported TB&PL??? Cant afford to get a TB to match right now so:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread