Blower upgrade opinions?

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
TVS 2.8 pulley 19lbs for the money my choice, whipple is the best looking blower, same numbers as a tvs as a 2.3

gmtech

Grease Monkey
Established Member
Just went through this same question. I ended up with the 2.9 Whipple for these reasons:

Cost--found a great price from a vendor on another forum
Ability to grow-- With the 2.9 I felt I could grow to an insane power level if I wanted
No lower pulley needed for big boost (thinking on down the road)
Looks---the whipple was easier on the eye than the other 2
IAT's-- common theory is that the twin screw design runs a little cooler charge temps

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
The Whipple verses KB verses VMP TVS all comes down to personal choice. Let us know your goals for the car so we can make suggestions? What fuel will you be running?

BoostedSVT03

Established Member
I chose the TVS due to the OEM reliability and the strong torque curve people are getting with them. IF you require EGR the Whipple has a better integrated setup. The Gen 2 TVS has provisions for the EGR but you have to custom mount your sensors . It all boils down to what your goals are, If you are looking for all out power the larger Whipples and KB's will out perform any 2.3L Blower. At that point it gets down to the old adage "There is no replacement for displacement"
D

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
If your running 93 octane there all pretty much the same within a few HP.The TVS is an easier install with the removable elbow and cheaper on the pocket book.

The KB is a little better looking unit that looks similar to a bread loaf, but a great performer also

The Whipple is the best looking unit that's also a proven performer.

When I made my choice I went with the unit I thought looked the best under the hood cause they all would have achieved the HP goals I had set. I have a 3.4 Whipple, plus the Whipple and the KB are house hold names the TVS is a proven reliable unit but does not have the recognition the others have.

fangs99

Established Member
This car shares DD duties with my harley. I play with some on the weekends, might go to the track once or twice to see what it will do.... Thats drag and road course but not meant to be a race car. Mostly will be on 93 pump but might add meth for added safety.

fangs99

Established Member
My thoughts were the LC KB would be better for endurance and handle long trips too. I have family 6-7 hr away in 3 diffrent directions.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
The tvs is much newer than the others obviously. But I've seen plenty of rebuilt KB's and a fair share of whipples. I really like the removable plenum on the tvs. I recently switched out my injectors for bigger one's and removing that plenum made it super easy. Not sure what's all involved on whipples or kb, if for some reason you need to get to one of those back injectors.

Long trips won't kill iat2's if your cruising at 55+mph and not constantly beating on it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread