BlowFish Bracket Review (Beta)

Angry50

Established Member
BFB1.jpg
BFB2.jpg
BFB3.jpg
BFB4.jpg

best pictures I could get on the car. didn't think about taking pics when it was off the car but it basically looks like what you have seen already. This is a beta bracket I got from a local guy. I have an SR performance short shifter (I should have went with something better) and I had the Steeda shifter bracket with the red bushing in. install was real easy, hardest part was getting steeda bracket and bushing off. After that just stuck the bracket in and bolted it all together. super solid construction. the bracket holes to mount to the shifter were a little off so it took some effort with a file to get them lined up properly as they were just barely off. this is understandable from a Beta version im sure the production versions are spot on. Now to the shifting... its amazing. lol the shifts are real stable and solid feeling to each gear. I can now 1-2 shift around any turn. each gear change feels like a solid land in the next gear, I love it. have not had the chance to WOT as its been raining the last few days. one down side for me is due to the increase vibration my shift knob now rattles ever so slightly. I have a few theories on what is rattling and how to fix it. but still worth it.

PurposebuiltGT

Established Member
Nice,
For $320, its worth giving it a shot. It adds value to those who need a drive shaft safety loop but I already have a 2 post bracket and bushing so I am curious what more can be done. But their website says it won't be available until 10/1/14?

Angry50

Established Member
ya a lot of people are ordering these from what I can tell, so they are back ordered. this unmounts it from the bottom of the car so there is no flexing of the shift rod/linkage. it makes more like a standard transmission with the shifter direct connected to trans. and I believe they are 299 on cjpp not sure about shipping

Steve@CJPP

They are $299 here with free shipping, but our initial batch sold out and we are waiting for our second batch to come in. Order now so you can grab one from the second batch we have coming in.

Speedwagon

Established Member
View attachment 24322
View attachment 24323
View attachment 24324
View attachment 24325

best pictures I could get on the car. didn't think about taking pics when it was off the car but it basically looks like what you have seen already. This is a beta bracket I got from a local guy. I have an SR performance short shifter (I should have went with something better) and I had the Steeda shifter bracket with the red bushing in. install was real easy, hardest part was getting steeda bracket and bushing off. After that just stuck the bracket in and bolted it all together. super solid construction. the bracket holes to mount to the shifter were a little off so it took some effort with a file to get them lined up properly as they were just barely off. this is understandable from a Beta version im sure the production versions are spot on. Now to the shifting... its amazing. lol the shifts are real stable and solid feeling to each gear. I can now 1-2 shift around any turn. each gear change feels like a solid land in the next gear, I love it. have not had the chance to WOT as its been raining the last few days. one down side for me is due to the increase vibration my shift knob now rattles ever so slightly. I have a few theories on what is rattling and how to fix it. but still worth it.

Nice write up and pics ....

Users who are viewing this thread