Blowing Fuse 33 after Clutch Quadrant

99GTMichael

Established Member
Put a new clutch cable, quadrant and firewall adjuster in my '99 GT. While prying on the pawl with a metal pick to get it out, I must have jumpered something because I saw a fuse blow right next to me on the fuse panel. Came to find out I didn't have any brake lights. So, I popped a new fuse in slot #33 and figured I would be good to go. Unfortunatley, I am now blowing fuse 33 and subsequently losing both my brake lights as well as cruise control. I imagine I somehow internally shorted the cruise control clutch pedal safety switch, because that's what I was working really close to and probably laid my tool across. Any second opinions on this? I'm attaching a diagram below and I've got a new Motorcraft switch on order.

VtSDymcl.jpg

Last edited:

StrayBullitt

Established Member
Yeah you could do that, I was thinking simply if you take a good look over everything visually you will probably find your issue. The brake switch is in that area and obviously that is the input for your brake lights and is also an input for cruise. Maybe the power wire is pinched or rubbed or you bumped the switch out of position or something along those lines.

Last edited:

99GTMichael

Established Member
Got it. Pushing the clutch pedal down 1/4" yielded the electrical sizzling noise and then subsequent popping of a fuse. Ending up being a harness directly above the clutch pedal arm. Must have gotten disturbed when I was messing with the new clutch parts.

Have issues with brake lights/cruise control and fuse #33 after working around the pedals? Check out the wiring harness directly above the clutch pedal!

Circled in red:
k61Evv9l.jpg

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
FYI you can't use imgur as an image hosting site on SVTP. Imgur blocked this forum.

Users who are viewing this thread