Blowing snow

BT1288

Established Member
My wife took a vid of me snow blowing the driveway after our Christmas Eve, Christmas day blizzard.
I had a drift about 4 ft tall and my old Lawn Boy snow blower worked like a champ.
It's an old blower, built in 1974 and there's no safety BS on it,(if you collapse from a heart attack, it'll keep going and hopefully finish the driveway for the ambulance)
You engage the auger and throw it in drive and hold on.
It's a 4 horse, 4 cycle Briggs engine and it kinda looks like an old rototiller.
I wore my hunter orange cap just in case I got lost in a drift, someone could find me.

[ame=http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa202/bt1288/?action=view&current=Christmas09blizzard.flv]
th_Christmas09blizzard.jpg
[/ame]

Last edited:

PowerShiftz02gt

Established Member
omg thats a shit load of snow you got there. i could only wish South East mIchigan could get at least 2 inches of snow. It's raining right now

BT1288

Established Member
Yeah, we got about 11 or 12 inches but the wind blew it all into big ass drifts.

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
You really need to invest in either an Ariens or Honda. We got hit by that storm and accumulated 18 inches. We get hit like that all the time and you need something that can throw the snow far enough and high enough to pile so that it doesn't all come falling back in the driveway after a while.

My wife took a vid of me snow blowing the driveway after our Christmas Eve, Christmas day blizzard.
I had a drift about 4 ft tall and my old Lawn Boy snow blower worked like a champ.
It's an old blower, built in 1974 and there's no safety BS on it,(if you collapse from a heart attack, it'll keep going and hopefully finish the driveway for the ambulance)
You engage the auger and throw it in drive and hold on.
It's a 4 horse, 4 cycle Briggs engine and it kinda looks like an old rototiller.
I wore my hunter orange cap just in case I got lost in a drift, someone could find me.

th_Christmas09blizzard.jpg

2k3gt

Established Member
Damn, I do NOT miss the snow. Not really looking forward to battling it when I head back to school next month..

mclaren55

Established Member
That storm is hitting my area tomorrow apparently, also about 12" expected. Glad my dad gave me his old craftsman 5hp blower, thing works mint (except for the small oil leak). Plus electric start (plug it into a 120v outlet and pray)! Gotta love disco equipment that still gets it done.

Users who are viewing this thread