BLOWN '00 R

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Hey Guys,

First off I'll apologize for being too stupid to post the pic here - Sorry.

Anyway, over at www.F150online.com , in the Lightning section, you'll find a thread that reads 'Blown Cobra R' or something similar to that. It's got a very cool engine pic of an '00R with a big thumpin' Vortech bolted up to it! :coolman:

Thought some of you might want to take a looksie.

Later

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by HAMMRHEAD
Hey Guys,

First off I'll apologize for being too stupid to post the pic here - Sorry.

Anyway, over at www.F150online.com , in the Lightning section, you'll find a thread that reads 'Blown Cobra R' or something similar to that. It's got a very cool engine pic of an '00R with a big thumpin' Vortech bolted up to it! :coolman:

Thought some of you might want to take a looksie.

Later

nmra_0039.jpg

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
I need to get that. What's on the cover jimbo? By the way since I have your attention,I test drove a 98 cobra coupe today. Yowza! Yellow coupe,46 k miles,stock,$20,900. What do you think? Seems a bit high to me.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by TTAFB_SVT
I need to get that. What's on the cover jimbo?
Red, Modular drag car with "690HP TO THE TIRES" in big, yellow letters.

Originally posted by TTAFB_SVT
By the way since I have your attention,I test drove a 98 cobra coupe today. Yowza! Yellow coupe,46 k miles,stock,$20,900. What do you think? Seems a bit high to me.
That does sound about two grand too high. I paid $20,500 for my '98 two years ago with 27K on the clock. Chrome Yellow and Bright Atlantic Blue were the signature colors for that year, only 709 yellow coupes...

Good luck!

Gambinotdx

Established Member
just to hear how nuts it is...how fast does that make the Blown Cobra R? what's the 1/4 miles time and 0-60 time? also what does a stock 2000 R do the 1/4 in? thanks guys...LOVE the rides...i hope i can get one in the future! keep us proud! :burnout:

MASH

Originally posted by Gambinotdx
just to hear how nuts it is...how fast does that make the Blown Cobra R? what's the 1/4 miles time and 0-60 time? also what does a stock 2000 R do the 1/4 in?

The blown R ran a best of 12.0 at 125mph. it made 569RWHP and 525RWTQ.
Stock Rs run about 13 @ 110mph, i have seen some with slicks and no front/ rear spoilers that ran a 12.51 @112mph

Andy M

Established Member
I read the article and it does mention he ran the 1/4 in 12 flat. Not very impressive for a car with that much horsepower. However, without some pretty serious rear suspension mods, it will be very hard to get an otherwise stock R to hook up on the launch to get that kind of horsepower to the ground to crank out a better time. You would need to convert to a live axle and make some big time modifications to the suspension. However, with the right mods, and a good driver who knows how to launch properly?, I figure this thing should be in the mid to low 11's - EASY!?? one more thing, you will also need drag radials to get it to hook up well enough to crank those kinds of times.

MASH

I spoke to Jason Heffner about the blown R "he did all the work on the blown R, and he does all the work on my Viper", he said the same thing, that the car is just soo hard to hook up, and that it would break the tires loose every time you tried to floor it. 570RWHP is a lot of power for 265 rear tires to handle. i am pretty sure with 315 nittos, he would run low 11s all day.

Users who are viewing this thread