Blown 01 Bullitt vs Blown, cammed 2003 Z06

cobraboy169

Speed. . . My Anti-Drug
Established Member
Not bad. It is hard to believe that that Bullitt beat up on that Z that badly. Those Z06 came with 405 and add a Cam and an S/C if the Vette was on low boost it should still be closer than what it was. Oh well Chalk up anpther with for the Blue Oval. :thumbsup:

Z28

Established Member
Gonna go ahead and call bs on the vettes mods, that is a fast bullitt but the mods just dont match the outcome. A Cam / Full Bolt on Z06 should keep up with that mustang let alone a Cam and 9 PSI

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
Z28 said:
Gonna go ahead and call bs on the vettes mods, that is a fast bullitt but the mods just dont match the outcome. A Cam / Full Bolt on Z06 should keep up with that mustang let alone a Cam and 9 PSI

Kinda what I was thinking also.

Chrome_GT

Established Member
Z28 said:

a cammed bolt on 03 z06 puts out 535RWHP 530RWTQ?? That mustang did...

People are so use to seeing 03/04 cobras with equal or more power lose to a vette and then they think ALL mustangs are gonna get pulled by a vette making similar or lower numbers, not the case with 99-04 GTs. there alot lighter than the cobras...

Oh well anytime a 2v wins people just call bs. :shrug:

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
Chrome_GT said:
a cammed bolt on 03 z06 puts out 535RWHP 530RWTQ?? That mustang did...

People are so use to seeing 03/04 cobras with equal or more power lose to a vette and then they think ALL mustangs are gonna get pulled by a vette making similar or lower numbers, not the case with 99-04 GTs. there alot lighter than the cobras...

Oh well anytime a 2v wins people just call bs. :shrug:

That's funny, Are you still with the mentality that the car with more power wins in races?

Let me throw out a concept for you: Power-to-Weight ratio. How much do you think Corvette's weigh?

Chrome_GT

Established Member
hydroshutter said:
That's funny, Are you still with the mentality that the car with more power wins in races?

Let me throw out a concept for you: Power-to-Weight ratio. How much do you think Corvette's weigh?

No! I know theres soo much different variables that can win/lose races, i'd honestly like to see all thats done to the z06 with numbers.

the z06 has about 200 or so less pounds then the GT, but i would think its possible the bullitt had enough power to overcome that? Dont really know unless you know exactly what numbers the vette puts down...

1FastZ06

Banned
honestly vettes with mags arent that fast.. With that said, I agree I do not think that vette had the mods stated, You can usually hear the mags pretty well. If it did have a mag all I can say is that guy in the vette cant drive.

98% of mag vettes put around 540- 550hp unless its an 01 z06 they put out around 530ish to the wheels + it has a weight advantage. Now depending on the cam that vette should have been putting out close to 580 hp.

My procharged z06 made 522 hp at 5 psi the car was all stock exept the blower hardend output shaft a clutch and drag radials .. my car ran 10.65 @ 132. I had a 97 vette with 447 hp built tranny and yada yada yada went 11.70 at 119 on street tires. I'd have to see some #s from mustang to believe that, now if the vette had a shitty driver then yes I think it would happen but other than that i have to throw up a bs flag sorry

Edit:.. I just saw that he was running 9 psi?????? He is a brave sole......Head lift anyone????? I hope he was running a crapload of meth with that 9 psi on that car with a cam would have put him well into the 600+ range. If the motor held, which would not be long

Last edited:

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
Chrome_GT said:
No! I know theres soo much different variables that can win/lose races, i'd honestly like to see all thats done to the z06 with numbers.

the z06 has about 200 or so less pounds then the GT, but i would think its possible the bullitt had enough power to overcome that? Dont really know unless you know exactly what numbers the vette puts down...

Thank you for clearing that up, I thought for a second there you had no idea what you were talking about. I'd assume the Z had around ~600rwhp.

Chrome_GT

Established Member
Haha good stuff...

It did sound like the shifting done by the dude in the bullitt was pretty damn good so maybe he out drove him? Either way its still cool to see a 2v win.

1FastZ06

Banned
yeah, they can spin it, but the z06 motor stock cant handle it, to high compression they get head lift.. that is a problem on the ls1 vettes. They are making a LSX block that is supposed to be bad a#$ you can bore it 40 over i belive it was to make a small block lsx 540ci, and run a lot of boost without headlift ect...

They have a few 10 second maggie cars, i dont think the KB ever won over big with the corvette guys i know of 2 kb vettes one is 900+hp and the others I don't know.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread