Blown Cobra or Z06?

NastySVT

KindofaBigDeal
Established Member
Ok first off i love my car. I dont think i could have gotten a better deal or well built car as far as power/looks than i did for the price i paid. I put some money into it right away to make the car look the way i wanted as the power was there. Wheels/Spoiler few goodies etc. For me all i need is a front mount setup, retune and possibly switching to some road racing springs for a slightly lower stance and rock solid body. Then from there theres not much else i could possibly allow myself to spend on this car. To me it would be "enough" and nothing else would be a necessity to me to justify spending more $.

Now my other option i wanted when looking at cars was obviously a C5 Z06. The issue was i loved SN95 cobras more at the time, and i was able to get mine at half the price i would spend on a stock Z06 with decent miles. Ive recently realized how much i have been looking at Z06s for sale and pictures of how i would set one up and I really think i want one now! They are just an amazing car and if i could chose between my car and a stock Z06 pretty sure id make the switch in a heartbeat. Here is a few pics of what basically changed my mind. Members old Z here forgot your name sorry.

8gfk2lx.jpg

C5-Z06-Corvette-0017.jpg

Exact wheels but would most likely go with Red. Wheels, Springs and Exhaust and its a SEXY ass car and as fast as my Blown Cobra. Dont get me wrong cobras are awesome i love them. They just dont compare to a Z06. I dont know if i just needed to rant or see if there where others with the same feelings etc? I may just cruise in the cobra this summer and when Work/Money gets better put her up for sale and try to get into a Z. Who knows, i get bored with cars very quickly and never keep one for more than a year or 2. Anyways talk to you guys later.

kingcato

Drunk Ninja
Established Member
dude keep both... i have a 95 and a 98... i love 90's cars... The vette is a chick magnet and the cobra is a d**k magnet lol

kingcato

Drunk Ninja
Established Member
Lol i dont have both cars what im saying is i have the Cobra now but i want a Z06.

i meant get both and keep em... the cobras are nice, but the vettes are very high class expecially with rims like the ones in the pic... depends on what car you want really... personally i would get a z06 over a 94-98 cobra even if supercharged because you cant beat a z06... just my .02

Edit: only takes full bolt ons with a cam for a vette to be able to be comp. with a full bolt on 03 cobra

Last edited:

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
I personally never cared for Vettes at all but they have been growing on me lately. Get and keep whatever one keeps you happy.

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
ive never cared for a vette. id keep the cobra if it was me. but, then again, its your money.... so flip a quarter...lol

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Wait so you don't want to spend any more money on the Cobra but your looking a 20k for a Z06?? That doesn't make sense. Spend the difference of the Cobra and the Z06 on a built motor and up the boost and spank C6z's. that's my .02 ...

makevelie187

Established Member
z06!!! for a while i wanted an 03/04 but how cheap c5Zs have come down to, it makes me a few months away of getting one just finding the right color isn't easy. There a race car from the factory keep that in mind!

kingcato

Drunk Ninja
Established Member
z06.. i new it, thats why i like having a vette and cobra... no worries got the best of both worlds, just an older model

Eddie Z

Established Member
Tough one. I like Corvettes, but I love 87-98 Mustangs. Your car looks stellar, I would keep it.

svt5150

Established Member
I love the lines of our Cobras 94-98 but trust me.... YOU CANT COMPARE THEM. I have had and driven the C5Z and they are badazz. Cam, heads, Exhaust and GOODNIGHT! Just a very well built car.

.... And NO, I am not a chevy guy.

Users who are viewing this thread