Blown Cobras - how hard do you drive it?

How hard are you on your blown snake?

• Get on it every chance I get.

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • 'bout 5-6 times a week

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Maybe 2-3 times a week

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Not at all....too scared to blow the motor

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Too drunk....get back to me when I'm sober

Votes: 6 11.5%

• Total voters

KillrCobra

Established Member
Saw this post over on the terminator forum, but with their built blocks it doesn't really matter how hard they get on the car. Considering we do have to worry about our pistons/rods taking a dump, I was curious as to how hard you guys are on your cars.
I get on mine maybe 2-3 times a week.

S.C.L.A.98COBRA

Established Member
I'm still breaking in the new engine...but with my old one I got on it like 4-5 time a week and drove it hard that's why I needed a new block. It was fun, but now I built up the new block to hold the boost.

KillrCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by S.C.L.A.98COBRA
I'm still breaking in the new engine...but with my old one I got on it like 4-5 time a week and drove it hard that's why I needed a new block. It was fun, but now I built up the new block to hold the boost.

How many miles of boost did the stock block take?

Wildpony

Established Member
I have had my blower setup now for over 6 years. I don't beat the shit out of it every chance I can. I take it to the track once a year ( on street tires), I don't "speed shift '' it , and I don't wind the piss out of it every chance I get. Plus I have one of the best tuners in the country. So if you want to know how long the engine will last on your car I guess it depends on what you try to do and what your tuner is capable of.

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
I hardly get on it. It's mostly on there now just in case i ever need the power. My car is basically a to/from work car since the birth of my daughter so i usually use the mini-van during weekends and when i'm with my family. Every once in a while i will take it for a drive to make sure nothing gets broken while not being used as often. Things have a funny way of breaking when they sit for a while.

The best part of my supercharger is the whine it makes. That sound makes my day every morning. :)

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
im not on the stock motor, but i drive it fairly gingerly most of the time. Im not one of these people that needs to be at WOT everywhere.

I get on it a bit, sure, but less so than most people with similar cars.

Dino S.

Established Member
Wildpony said:
I have had my blower setup now for over 6 years. I don't beat the shit out of it every chance I can. I take it to the track once a year ( on street tires), I don't "speed shift '' it , and I don't wind the piss out of it every chance I get. Plus I have one of the best tuners in the country. So if you want to know how long the engine will last on your car I guess it depends on what you try to do and what your tuner is capable of.

I see in your profile 480 rwhp. Is that on a dynojet?

Blown Venom

Custom Title Goes Here
Established Member
Well since I have a pinging issue at the moment I havent been on it in awhile :( but when I solve that maybe 5-6 times a week

svtdriven

Established Member
I usually run my 98 2-3 times each time I drive it. I don't beat it. no power shifting, no drag racing, and no dumping the clutch. I just like the acceleration. I've raced it from a stop 2-3 times, and from a roll 4-5 times.

I've got a 6lb procharger with intercooler. it's been on the car for 30k miles. still on the same clutch. no smoke. car runs great.

Users who are viewing this thread