Blown Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor with Kenne Bell pressure disc?

SonicBlast281

Established Member
Hello all. Wanted to see what svtp's input was on this. Basically I had this happen today, with my 03 cobra. I ran the car for the first time today in like 6 months and it was fine. Turned the car off and then back on to move it. This is when the check engine light came on for the fuel rail pressure sensor. Pulled the vacuum line off and immediately smelled gas. I then pulled the oil cap and the dip stick and smelled gas there as well. From what I have been reading when one of these blows, the car doesn't want to start and runs like crap. My car however starts up fine and does not act like it is flooded. I also have the Kenne Bell pressure disc installed. What gives? I thought this was a fail proof method to protect the sensor when the pprv valve is deleted. What are everyone's thoughts on this? Thank you all in advance.

lovin'myshelby

Established Member
My fuel pressure sensor gave out as well but because I had to replace a fuel module and for some reason bumoed the fuel pressure from 40 psi to 80 psi. So I think that's what made mine give out. All a while that was happening it was dumping fuel in my intake manifold and I didn't have spark so my car wouldn't turn over. I don't have a pprv valve though. My KB is on a 2010 Shelby idk if I can even install one.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread