blown guys come in quick

Cobra4pt6

Banned
well it's still making boost, still runs fine, i sprayed some wd-40 on the idler tensioner pulley and blower pulley bearings and the sound seems to have gone away......
i have the 04 cobra hood w/ the hood vents opened and it rained yesterday, so im thinking the water got on the pulleys bearings...

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
I have a noise in my 99 P1SC as well. The Procharger smooth idler pulley (the one off the front of the alternator bolt) sounds fine and smooth, so I think it is one of the Ford idler pulleys. I pulled the alternator off and put it on my 01 just to make sure and it sounds fine, so I ordered a new smooth idler pulley and a tensioner arm (I cannot find just the tensioner pulley alone). Hopefully, I will get them on tomorrow and see if the noise dissapears.

From Ford, the idler pulley is $19 and the tensioner arm and pulley is $68 or so.

Cobra4pt6

Banned
yeah i just checked again and it's the pulley right under the charger but above the idler tensioner pulley thats rubbing the metal arm... it's diagonal from the alt. pulley.

Users who are viewing this thread