blown mach vs z06

fastbacon

Banned
interesting story....not really sure how it happened but im glad it did..lol

sitting on an overpass checking my intercooler.....a yellow z06 passes and just looks and me(c5 z06) i stare back and hes getting on the highway....so i jump in and chase him down (knowing this was going to be an easy kill i figured id surprize him)

do two runs 60-125 i win both times by only two cars...i usually can beat a c5 z no prob.....he tells me its procharged and runs 11.3s....

i have no clue why i won but it was pretty sweet anyway .....def surprised the guy hahaah......from what i heard 60mph is a terrible place for a c5z so that might have been why because it was def my cars sweet spot....either way
beatn a blown z06:rockon:

my modz are procharged p1 8psi full xhaust 4:10's 464rwhp runs 11.7's @123mph ...i dont do very well out of the hole (high mph not so great 1/4 for the mph)

his modz were procharged prob 6-8psi and atleast a catback....

z guys chime in if im wrong about the 60mph thing..im sure my gears helped alot too...

PilledV8s

Established Member

sitting on an overpass checking my intercooler.....a yellow z06 passes and just looks and me(c5 z06) i stare back and hes getting on the highway....so i jump in and chase him down (knowing this was going to be an easy kill i figured id surprize him)

do two runs 60-125 i win both times by only two cars...i usually can beat a c5 z no prob.....he tells me its procharged and runs 11.3s....

i have no clue why i won but it was pretty sweet anyway .....def surprised the guy hahaah......from what i heard 60mph is a terrible place for a c5z so that might have been why because it was def my cars sweet spot....either way

my modz are procharged p1 8psi full xhaust 4:10's 464rwhp runs 11.7's @123mph ...i dont do very well out of the hole (high mph not so great 1/4 for the mph)

z guys chime in if im wrong about the 60mph thing..im sure my gears helped alot too...

Gearing isn't significantly different to make a huge difference so you can throw the gears out the equation. The MN12 tranny is like have a MN6 tranny with 3.90 gearing. A procharged C5Z w/ 6-8psi is an 540+rwhp car.
My guess is either he was skiing or couldn't drive the car. A procharged C5Z w/ 6-8 psi is going to trap 130+mph. You didn't beat the car, you beat the driver.

PilledV8s

Established Member
so i jump in and chase him down (knowing this was going to be an easy kill i figured id surprize him)

Can't get too cocky nowdays, especially w/ a Mach with only 464rwhp. There are too many AFR/TFS/TSP headed C5s and C6s out there making more than that on Motor alone w/o gas that will ROLL OUT on the flyway (highway).

Last edited:

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member

My C5 Z runs 11.8 at 120+ with just an air intake. (no BS)
It probably has about 365rwhp. With both of us running our best times, you would have me by about a car length to 120 mph.

And my car is stock. :)
Dont know about a procharged one.. But usally a supercharger makes a car faster, not slower.:beer:

Anyway, good kill!:rockon:

Last edited:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Nice kill.

Now I ran a bolt on C5Z with a cam from 50 to 125, we were dead even till I reached the top of 4th (410 gears) and he started to pull ever so slightly. I was making 480rwhp at the time, If he was blown I would had my ass handed to me. Since then I've added methanol injection and a meziere water pump. Now I'm putting down 550.

J's98Snake

Established Member
Hate to call BS, but BS!!!

mach1 w/ 8 psi isn't going to make 464 rwhp, and 464 rwhp and less tq will not get you 123 mph trap

PilledV8s

Established Member
Hate to call BS, but BS!!!

mach1 w/ 8 psi isn't going to make 464 rwhp, and 464 rwhp and less tq will not get you 123 mph trap

With an exhaust and intake, I find it VERY believable of a Mach 1 hitting 464rwhp with 8psi. Lots of timing and Fuel makes it feasable, but It's not the safest route with stock bottom end.

Thor5.0

I'm goin Fayast!!!
Established Member
nice kill. i find it believable. i don't think that Z06 was procharged though. a procharged LS motor should run way faster than that.

fastbacon

Banned
nice kill. i find it believable. i don't think that Z06 was procharged though. a procharged LS motor should run way faster than that.

i dont know...but then again why would you lie about sompn like that....either way the stock ones were never that close to me....

but ....up here in da north country.......vettes arnt being driven around with h/c setups hahah ........its not like florida..lol....

most c5z's around here run 12.5's stock @ around 115(and are stock)......my bro has one 02 c5z its quick but not that quick.....

to be honest im still afraid of the 5.0's you never know whats done to them..lol

as far as my #'s being a lie what did u expect 360rwhp lmao.....it went from 309 na to 464 blown thats about what you should net......and yes im already on my second motor...lol lasted 8 months....

C6 Z06

Established Member
Was it a Z06 or an FRC that looks like a Z06, not that an FRC (fixed roof coupe) can't be made fast?

fastbacon

Banned
i dont know what to say i heard it too it was a procharger..i know a ati product when i hear one.....im just gonna chalk it up to crap driven or sompn.....its such a quick race if 60 was that bad of a start for him theres no way to catch up.. i would doubt it being a stock car even if i didnt hear anything(including him telling me its procharged).....464rw thats about 110rw over a stock z.......

a 60-120 race takes about 4-5 seconds....it was over real fast...only 1 shift..(im not a 5th gear racer)

theres a reason why they call it a street race.....because anything can happen...:rolling: it dont count unless its the 1320...(which he would have won from what he just told me anyway....just an interesting race

again for the insane:whine: i know a blown z should smoke a blown mach:pop:

PilledV8s

Established Member
i dont know what to say i heard it too it was a procharger..i know a ati product when i hear one.....im just gonna chalk it up to crap driven or sompn.....its such a quick race if 60 was that bad of a start for him theres no way to catch up.. i would doubt it being a stock car even if i didnt hear anything(including him telling me its procharged).....464rw thats about 110rw over a stock z.......

a 60-120 race takes about 4-5 seconds....it was over real fast...only 1 shift..(im not a 5th gear racer)

theres a reason why they call it a street race.....because anything can happen...:rolling: it dont count unless its the 1320...(which he would have won from what he just told me anyway....just an interesting race

again for the insane:whine: i know a blown z should smoke a blown mach:pop:

LOL are you basing your procharger statement off something you heard w/o actually seeing with your own eyes? LOL, you could have heard a vaccum leak or TB spacer (lol), or a loose/squeaky fan belt or idler pulley. Nonetheless, I put money on it that you ran an Intake/catback C5Z, b/c whatever you assumed you ran, it wasn't a procharged Z.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Was it a Z06 or an FRC that looks like a Z06, not that an FRC (fixed roof coupe) can't be made fast?

Lol, I resemble that remark :D

To the OP...Anything can happen when street racing, that's what makes it fun. However if he was Procharged and knew how to drive, he should have beat you. As mentioned a Procharged C5Z at low boost is easy 500-550whp.

C6 Z06

Established Member
Lol, I resemble that remark :D

To the OP...Anything can happen when street racing, that's what makes it fun. However if he was Procharged and knew how to drive, he should have beat you. As mentioned a Procharged C5Z at low boost is easy 500-550whp.

Yes, I was thinking about you when I posted that. :-D

Also I agree, there was no way he is racing a procharged Z unless it was at 0psi. I think the vette guy was blowing smoke. :beer:

PainNdaArse

Established Member
I have a GT and was making @ 525hp at the time, and raced a c5 z with a built 346ci big cam, and 100 shot from 40-140ish... he jumped me a car, and I reeled him him hard... he post on here on svtforums, streetcarforums, and musclecarevolution just ask him..... dunno how I did it but I did, and he didn't let out either.... guess it was just meant to be lol i forgot his name though... but his car looks just like the red z above my post

Users who are viewing this thread