blown notchback for 5200 !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurboV3nomVa

Established Member
I found this on craigslist . That site is full of deals. Lotsa ppl who need money fast sell their cars on there when they are in a bind. This car has sum light body damage or so he says but for the asking price, you cant beat it .Im sure he'd take $4500 or so. The motor looks veryy clean for an 89 and Im picky.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/car/328460161.html

Last edited by a moderator:

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Seems like a fair price to me. Although it has some mods to it, the interior looks to be completely trashed and it's red :xpl:

wheelhopper

Established Member
Looks like there is a lot more work than you would first think to me. I'd pass. I have seen very clean blown fox bodys for $10-12K, ready to drive.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
I like the old notchbacks ! It's a shame it went to waste.

stangkid

Established Member
wheelhopper said:
Looks like there is a lot more work than you would first think to me. I'd pass. I have seen very clean blown fox bodys for $10-12K, ready to drive.

+1 If anyone is looking for a good fox my friend has a 90 GT vert with 30,000 miles it has a Vortech and a few other mods they only have a couple thousand miles on them and he is only asking $11,500 the car looks and smells like a brand new car.

TurboV3nomVa

Established Member
still a very fair deal for someone who can fix the body . Interior is nuthin , you can go up to that guys lot in md and he has 100's of fox interiors for cheap layin around. I dont wanna nother fox or Id go look at it.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Man I dunno about that thing. Front bumper, drivers fender and the hood all need replaced. It probably also needs the headlight basil, and it does need new lights. There is probably other damage in there that you can't see too.

Plus the engine is stock with a supercharger on it, the interior is trashed, I'd say that car is worth 2k tops. And only then because it has the charger on it...that's easily the most valuable part of that car.

qwikhuh

Established Member
04yellowcobra said:
Man you should try stand up comedy cause thats a good one!! :coolman:

$11,500 is not a steal but for 30,000 original miles on a fox vert with some mods I think that price is in line IF the car is as clean as it should be with 30,000 original miles IMHO. Stock ones with low milage are climbing in value fast. I sold my 80,000 original mile BONE stock LX notchback auto for $8000 last year.

That notch is not worth anywhere near the asking price though. $2000 TOPS. Crappy interior, accident damage, crappy hood, crappy blower, stock engine.

TurboV3nomVa

Established Member
guys Im not selling the car , just passing along a deal I saw. We all know he'd prolly take way less but 2 grand ? You can hardly even get a clean roller for 2 grand. For those of you who have the hookup on body work tho it would make a nice lil beater. I know those 89 notches are the last year for the lightweight if Im not mistaken. They added all the reinforments in 90 or 91 right ? So an 89 notch weighs under 3 thousand pounds , correct ? You fox experts should know for sure. Fenders, hoods, door skins, that stuff is dirt cheap. His add sure sounds desperate tho. Im gonna have a nasty turbo car one oway or another soon enough so I could car less what blower or motor that notch has, just puttin it out there .

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Nah, 89 is just the first year of mass air and the last year for the tilt wheel option. Unless of course you are talking a california car, then 88 was the first year for the almighty MAF.

There is very little difference between fox years though. Small cam changes, color changes, addition of airbags, deletion of tilt wheel and floor lighting, little stuff like that.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
wheelhopper said:
Mmmmm, headlights w/ basil....tasty.

Alright smarty, keep that up and I'll go back over to my friends house and tell him not to call you because you do lousy work...:poke:

I must say that is one thing I love about my job though...I can spell anything anyway I want, as long as I keep spelling it the same way. The computer doesn't care :beer:

BelvedereGTX

Banned
because it has a blower, its a deal? lol. That aint worth that much. its trashed and its not even setup right. If you read the listing, hes not even sure about what components he has. Ill pass

01Lowboy

SPTZCLNT
Established Member
03silversvt said:
because it has a blower, its a deal? lol. That aint worth that much. its trashed and its not even setup right. If you read the listing, hes not even sure about what components he has. Ill pass

+1 it's lookin like the only deal coming outta the potential sale is that the owner's gonna be making out like a bandit in comparison to the actual worth. :kaboom:

TurboV3nomVa

Established Member
wow you guys are ruthless ! Like I said I could care less, just wanted to pass it on incase anyone wanted a notch . Geesh. I have 2 deals for turbo cars pending, Im doin one or the other so most foxbodies will be too far in my rear view mirror for me to care :kaboom:

Almo

Established Member
Steve... not to rain on your parade but it you check out www.racingjunk.com you will see their are Fox bodies that look extremely nice and 100% better looking than the one you posted for about the same money. It is most likely these reasons why some aren't jumping at this car like it is a good deal.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread