Blown tranny

t4c7824

TZODD
Established Member
Well I am notorious for breaking/ blowing shit up it appears. Took my cobra to the austin ford place and low and behold the tranny is :xpl: ! So now have been without the car for a week now and going crazy......
Hopefully it will be doone soon and i can break/ play again!LOL

t4c7824

TZODD
Established Member
Well mabye not blow the tranny. Something to do with something that connects from the trany to the engine.Said it makes it feel like there is a rear end problem . 1st and 3rd gear were messed up as in 3rd gear locked me out. I almost got hit when i downshifted to pull into a parking lot.
They are replceing it probably easier and quicker than a tear down...

Bluedot_26

This Space For Rent
Established Member
I lost my trany recently also (at 8k miles) started making whinning noises that sounded just like the supercharger under boost, in all gears but 4th.
Once it started making noise, within just a few days it became much worse.

Dealer replaced trans under warranty and everything is peachy. Wish I knew what went out though .. bearing or whatever. They said the don't open the cases. Just diagnosed via the sounds then got authorization to replace.

Good luck with yours.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
The thing that connects your tranny to your engine is called the input shaft. The clutch rides on it and it goes into the back of the crankshaft.

t4c7824

TZODD
Established Member
yes i got my car back they just replaced the tranny, not sure it was the imput shaft, I am a or was an aircraft mechanic so I know what an imput shaft is or does, it was some weird named thing.Anyways it is much better now, but one of my rims is BENT!!!!!

So need to find a few stock rims and replce the one thats bent.....

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Probably the TOB guide tube that broke off. There is a TSB for it, and it's a VERY common problem. Glad you got it fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread