Blown Valve

jeffhou

Established Member
I had some truck problems (shaking and pinging) I didnt know what the deal was, so I took out my chip, it still kept hesitating and shaking, I didnt know what was going on so I had my friend Mark (autothrottle) look at it and he thought it might be a bad spark plug, but we agreed it was only running 7 cylinders, I took it to Ford to see what they said and the guy from ford called me today and they said a spark plug was totally gone, they replaced it and the truck's compression ratio was off, they couldnt figure out why and called me back when they figured out that the valve was blown, so now they are sending a ford tech to look at my truck on friday and they wont give me a car to drive or anything because they said I have too many mods on my car (exhaust, chip, air kit). What do you guys think of this? I dont think those mods cause this kind of failure in an engine, I think it was the factory's fault for not replacing my spark plugs when they replaced my supercharger. So whats your input?

tonysailor

Established Member
recommend

Jeff,

I recommend that you have your receipts for your parts, statement from whom ever installed it. Never emit to drag racing!!!

Stick to your guns about your theory. Back it up in writing to FORD, SVT, Dealership, and your local BBB.

Keep it simple no emotion, short. Tell them the problem, then what you wantTo have repaired. Then tell them,yes you made simple mods never drag raced, and have all maintenance records. Then close the letter with the same thing you open with ... what is wrong and what you want completed.

Good Luck,

Tonysailor

Last edited:

strk by light.

Established Member
burntvalve

:cryying: i know how it is dealing with the ford dealer ship or svt i might say ...i have a black 99 bolt with 27000 on her and i have already blew the overdrive drum out of it ..any way i took it to ford and they told me i had to many mods on mine also ..any way iit is in the process of being rebuilt by a friend ..but what is funny is that when you buy these mother*&*&&* then they tell you how fast they will go and what the potential is of one personally i think the dealerships are full of s*&*&* and that if you pay 32000 for a reagular cab truck then you need to get some service with it

99 bolt
beltec lowering kit
17 inch tourqe thrust wheels
bfg drag radials
90mm maf
k@n filter
blower pulley
accuater adjusted
line mod valve
custom diablo sport chip
dfw snug lid
ram air hood
custom built purge in ram air
125 horse nos kit (BET YOU CANT FIND IT)

Screamin-Bolt

Established Member
CALL SVT

JEFF,

what is sounds like the dealer did is called what we call an F.S.E. (Field Service Engineer) what he should do is decide what actually happened. Ford DOES NOT like to see any mods the best thing that you could have done was take all odvious parts out before going to the dealership for something that major. If they tell you that they will not warrenty it CALL SVT. and raise the roof. hopefully you won't have to do anyof this because you truck is being fixed or already fixed. but anyway goodluck!

jeffhou

Established Member
well new update, they said that they still cant tell me whats wrong with the truck but they think it was over boosted. They told me it was putting out 14 lbs of boost instead of the safe 12. I have a aftermarket gauge and I know it was never putting out 14, I dont understand how they could know that unless they drove my truck with its bad cylinder. Anyway the tech came and said I had too many mods and thats what caused the problem, not saying how or why. So now I am going up the ladder and if they are still unreasonable..... All I am asking is to be fair, sure the problem could have been a mod, but I also know that intercooler liquid could have leaked down on the spark plugs and maybe even got into the engine. Isnt it wierd that 1000 miles after I got a new supercharger that my engine went? And if it was my mods why only 1 cylinder? All I have to say is that if they dont do the right thing I am probably not going to stop at that. I dont mean lawsuit but every potential ford owner I can reach will Know the crap I have had to put up with, and I have quite an extensive list, over 20 things just in 15k miles, unbelievabe :(

Justin Blackwell

Established Member
jeffhou,

Was it your #8 cylinder? I was wondering because I got a new intercooler at 13750 miles and my #8 cylinder plug tip was gone. They put new NGKs in for me but it hasn't been running right lately and I thought it Might be my compression.

foreverford

Established Member
I remember at one time someone saying, if you own an svt and its having work done on it then you get a free rental car. I tried to do a search :read: but i couldn't find anything. I know thats probably the least of your problems but if you are out of a vehicle for a long time, it might help. Good Luck.

morrisc

Established Member
Try the owners manual. If not call a SVT dealer and ask for sales. They could probley answer that question for you

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
SVT LOANER CAR

The SVTOA sent me a letter in the package stating that part of the svt premium service package is that anytime you bring your svt vehicle in for service, other than an oil change, that you are to be provided a loaner car and that your ride will be washed and vacuumed prior to picking it up. I took this with me the last time and had to show it to the manager of service because he was clueless. Hope this helps everyone. Good luck with your dilema.

:scream:

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Crow

Er, um sorry Justin, I was unaware of that also. I got mine in May and knew no better, I will go spend ten minutes in the corner for my indescretion. I think I chipped a tooth also when my feet went into my mouth!

You can pound me for my insolence. :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread