Blowout

bones

Established Member
Had a blowout on left rear tire this morning going about 80 on the freeway. Car stayed straight as an arrow. Gotta say it handled great.
Less than 9000 miles on original F1's. The tread is completely separated from the sidewall and is still in one piece. No nails or holes. The dealer is already calling road hazard, not covered. Does anyone think I can make a case for tire defect through Goodyear?

D-Cobra

Established Member
maybe....

if you can prove that you have done nothing wrong as far as tire presure, driving style, or even road condition.

jshen

Established Member
Goodyear

I've never had a Goodyear tire that I liked. The f-1s stink! I don't think many posting here will compliment the stock f-1s and many haven't gotten over 15,000 on them. Mine died at 12,000 and replaced them with BFGs.

As to your question, fortunately you weren't hurt or car damaged. Therefore, the issue comes down to damages which are minimal. If you know a lawyer..give em a call. I don't handle civil matters. I do advise you to ditch the remaining 3 and get a decent tire. The difference in road noise, ride comfort & handling is like night & day with the BFGs.

cobracory

Established Member
bones, did you by chance opt for the extended warranty?

i went with the extended warranty, and ford introduced a new one for 2003 (so the dealer said) that covers road hazard for tires. but, coverage is only up to $300 for the replacement value of the tire.

i have already had two of the original F1 GS tires replaced under the extended warranty.

first time had a sidewall puncture - i didnt hit anything, i.e. curb, but something apparently hit me.
second time was a sidewall bubble - i didnt want these F1 GS anymore, so i picked up a set of F1 GS-D3's for the rear and dropped off the tire to the dealership and picked up a brand new one a week later.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread