Blue Angels Enthusiasts...

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
Just thought I'd let those interested know that they just did their first showsite practice today in North Carolina and it looks like everything is a go for Saturday. They will practice again tomorrow.

I happened to be in town and saw their practice and apparently the Blue Angels will perform with a 5-man team for the Seymour Johnson show. I believe the Number 6 practiced today some, but it was very limited (just flybys really) and from my understanding, the team will only do a five plane show for Saturday. It was still great to see them in the air again, though. I plan on attending Saturday's show, so I'll let everyone know how it goes.

For those who want to attend, they will have demonstrations by the F-15E Strike Eagle (hometown crowd), F-16 Viper East, F/A-18 demonstration, F-22 Raptor, F-117 "Stealth", C-17 Globemaster, US Army Golden Knights, and several other performances.

A new face for the show is the new JSF F-35 Lightning II which is scheduled to be on static display. Its going to be a great show...although they are expecting about 100,000 visitors. This is the Blue Angels first visit to SJ, so the big turnout is understandable.

Dusten

Established Member
Traveler said:
Just thought I'd let those interested know that they just did their first showsite practice today in North Carolina and it looks like everything is a go for Saturday. They will practice again tomorrow.

I happened to be in town and saw their practice and apparently the Blue Angels will perform with a 5-man team for the Seymour Johnson show. I believe the Number 6 practiced today some, but it was very limited (just flybys really) and from my understanding, the team will only do a five plane show for Saturday. It was still great to see them in the air again, though. I plan on attending Saturday's show, so I'll let everyone know how it goes.

For those who want to attend, they will have demonstrations by the F-15E Strike Eagle (hometown crowd), F-16 Viper East, F/A-18 demonstration, F-22 Raptor, F-117 "Stealth", C-17 Globemaster, US Army Golden Knights, and several other performances.

A new face for the show is the new JSF F-35 Lightning II which is scheduled to be on static display. Its going to be a great show...although they are expecting about 100,000 visitors. This is the Blue Angels first visit to SJ, so the big turnout is understandable.

Good to hear, my buddy is getting ready to re-join the Blue Angels as a crew member

Ben 98

Established Member
I dated a girl whose dad was a blue angel back in the early 80's. What they can do in a plane is nothing short of spectacular.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I've been looking for a nice Blue-Angels art print for a while now. I had an old doctor that had one in his office; of course I don't know the artist or where he got it.

If anyone can point me in the right direction (OTHER than Ebay) please do so.

Thanks!

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
The first official Blue Angels performance after the April crash was outstanding...and their "new" No. 6 pilot fit right in rather quickly. I had read that he would not be performing that much, but it looked to me as if they did the whole show. Since he was a solo pilot with them between 03-05, I guess he fit right in. Surprising, because Thursday was their first day at Seymour Johnson. The team must have really come together during yesterday's Friday show because they were on top of their game.

Unfortuately, the threat of rain and thunderstorms kept a lot of folks away and that's ashame because it turned out to be a great day for an airshow.

All the rest of the demos were awesome...especially the Raptor!!!! The F-35 Lightning II was pretty cool but it was just on display.

Users who are viewing this thread