BLUE OVAL NEWS UPDATE... WHATS UP WITH THIS????

Fast03Cobra

Established Member
http://www.bonforums.com/lincolnmerc/aviator_engsusp.def.110602.htm

Apparently the word is out. The problems is that #7 and #8 cylinders are crap on these engines?

How do I know if my engine was built there? Or are they all built the same?

Does this mean my engine is crap and will die somewhere between 7,000 and 30,000 miles?

Should I delete my mods?

Should I run her hard and forget about it?

Should I sell it?

Are the resale values crap now....

F-ing Fords... I knew I should not have bought this thing.... PISSED!

My 98 Ford Expedition got a new engine at 50,000 (under warranty thank god) for piston slap...

:cuss:

lethal

Established Member
"F-ing Fords... I knew I should not have bought this thing.... PISSED! "

If your that upset then sell the thing. :rolleyes:

I'm keeping mine.

NC STANG GUY

03 gone but not forgotten
Established Member
If you're that worried about it give it to me. :D
I'd take most of the BON stuff with about 20,000 grains of salt.

Billy

LunaticSVT

Fun with the Mammoth
Established Member
Personally I am still going through with my order of my Cobra. If there is a problem then Ford will fix it. As far as BON is concerned. I read the site and laugh at half of what is published on that site. For a "Pro Ford" site they like to dig up every bad thing and file lawsuits an awefull lot. I do not listen to what Robert Lane has to say. Usually it is rebutted later by himself for errors.

If you do not want your SVT i know that my wife will take it off your hands. She thinks she is going to get mine....haha.

Friendchicken

the heads never made it out of the engine plant, let alone into the main assembally line dude.

krman68

Established Member
BON info can't be believed all the time. They throw a lot of S**T out there and some of it isn't substantiated or true.

Last month they reported that 03 Cobra production stopped because of engine problems. According to BON's Robert Lane "a Ford source" said that the missed production wouldn't be made up or questioned whether Cobras would continue to be made" He went on to dramaticize his story by talking about the 1999 Cobra problem which had no relation to his breaking story - WTF?? In reality, By Nov 11 Ford was back making Cobras and as I understand it the problem turned out to be defective head gaskets - no bad parts made it off the production line. BON is so biased against Ford they can't be believed and are not considered credibile by me.

Keep your car!!

It also begs the question - Why would Ford continue to produce a "so-called" lemon Cobra when its reputation is at stake after the 1999 issue, it would be totally embarrassing to Ford and the Cobra is one of the most profitable cars they make. It doesn't make sense - neither does BON.

If you want to believe everything BON prints thats your perogative but please contact me because I got a great deal on Real Estate for you - Low cost acres on Mars!

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I think he was sued for leaking "inside" information but I dont think anything productive came out of it from Ford.

Im not worried even if there is a problem. Worse comes to worse, theres a TSB out there and we'll hear about it from one of our Ford guys around here, it gets fixed, boom. Cobra owners happy, still love Ford...

RKANYZ

Established Member
I'm not too worried either Robs making 500hp and 600tq. If there were problems with head gaskets/ bolts/etc, we would know by now. Also these BON articles are all related to the Aviator, the Cobra scare is just speculation from a known Ford hater.

Smrgol

Hmm, Aviator has a Cobra motor eh? Normally aspriated, even. A block design that hasn't really changed since '96. The heads changed in '99. I don't think the heads changed for '03 on the Cobra, just the cams. So, where's this epidemic? Seems to me, at least, there should be a bunch of broken (in this manner) stock '99 and '01 Cobras too.

Sounds like the National Enquirer...err...BON is trying to pump up the story with inuendo.

rpurdy3523

Established Member
Seems like BON is always in a hurry to put out bad news. I hope this stuff is just another spin up over nothing:rollseyes

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Originally posted by dwtalso
I don't think the heads changed for '03 on the Cobra, just the cams.

one look at the exhaust port pics that were posted here tells me that the heads changed for '03......

Fast03Cobra

Established Member
Thanks for all the replies!! I feel MUCH better now. Thats the power of the web. The ability to get others opinions and share information.

I appreciate it...

One thing I like about this Cobra engine is that it seems to sound the same when I start it cold or when running hot. Most cars I've owned from 4 cyl to 8's they all chatter on cold starts and sounds quiet and smooth when hot. The 03 Cobra engine sounds the same all the time. Not sure what that means, but it cant be bad?

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
Hey BON,

Show me a Cobra with 30,000 miles on it...

I have one delivered 7/2 and have 12,000 miles with no problems. And if you think I baby it, your wrong. The only thing I have found wrong so far ( besides a stuck drivers window motor the first month ) has been the damn defective tires... They are worn out already...

Put some chapstick on cause I don't like rough lips on my butt...

Last edited:

Silver 03 Cobra

I've been a member of BON since Oct. of 1999 when I bought my 99. I continued with my 01 and eventually got fed up with the site even when I still owned the 01. Do as I and never go there and patronize the site.

Don't worry about any problems reported unless it is an official Ford report. I wouldn't give an ounce of credibility to anything Lane reports. He lost his inside source for information. That person was fired for leaking info. Lane solitcits for anything he can get now.

I have 12.5k on mine including probably 80 passes on an 1/8 and 16 on a 1/4. I beat the piss out of mine with a 2.80 pulley at 480 rwhp. This motor is bullet proof.

Users who are viewing this thread