BMR Rear Cradle Bushing Kit (Delrin)

BMR Tech

Thanks for the feedback! I agree completely - to ME, the NVH isn't bad at all....and well exceeds the cons of the job. The great news is, it's DONE. You will never have to drop the cradle down again (well, unless you do a solid style diff bushing)

As for the instructions, we do battle that here at BMR and I apologize. Sometimes it is difficult to make them perfect for everyone. We are modding and developing so quickly here, that we rush to get those done in order to start selling the product that people are begging for. Also, we have access to much different equipment than most - so sometimes the instructions cater to an operation like ours, instead of our average customer.

Nonetheless, these type of modification, even with instructions, usually end up being a "just do it as you go and do what you gotta do to get it to work" - and I try to just tell people the instructions are usually just a solid baseline. Many of our components, we simply just use the OEM steps from the manuals - and even those can be less than stellar depending upon the installer, their knowledge level, and the equipment they use.

Anyhow, enjoy your BMR components!

Dcrypter

Established Member
How big of a difference is it between the poly and delrin as far as performance and nvh?

I need to stop this hop but I don't want to find that I should have got the Delrin later when I start pushing 650+ horses to the ground(granted it will be a little while before I try and squeeze some more power out of this blower but still).

MtnBiker

Established Member
If all you are doing is the cradle I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Delrin. I really don't notice a difference in NVH except that some of Ford's built-in driveline "thunks" are slightly louder. If you are planning both the poly diff and Delrin cradle bushings I think the story changes. There is some talk in other forums that doing both results in noticeable NVH increase. But if you want ultimate performance or if running a one-piece drive shaft the poly / Delrin combo makes perfect sense. Were mine a weekend-only toy I'd probably do that too.

Anthony K

Established Member
Kelly has also said thst the braces will probably be their best sellers for getting rid of the hop. Best all around solution. Where the delrin/poly bushings are more geared toward the racer and the alum stuff is hardcore racers

Dcrypter

Established Member
If all you are doing is the cradle I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Delrin. I really don't notice a difference in NVH except that some of Ford's built-in driveline "thunks" are slightly louder. If you are planning both the poly diff and Delrin cradle bushings I think the story changes. There is some talk in other forums that doing both results in noticeable NVH increase. But if you want ultimate performance or if running a one-piece drive shaft the poly / Delrin combo makes perfect sense. Were mine a weekend-only toy I'd probably do that too.

What about both of them poly?

BMR Tech

MY honest opinion......removing the cradle and installing Poly Cradle bushings is a waste of time.

The CB005 Kit I pictured earlier in the thread, will work just as good as Poly Cradle bushings....

So in that case, I would recommend the CB005 > Poly Cradle Bushings.

BUT then you get into the position where you really should do the Poly Diff bushings....and you have to remove the cradle.....THEN you go back to the "well, if I have to remove the cradle, I may as well put a real cradle bushing in there"..

The moral of the story is, the Delrin Cradle + Poly Diff bushings are truly the way to go. The NVH is slightly higher, BUT if you have an exhaust system it is rather difficult to even notice it, and the majority of users won't care.

It's about 50/50.... I have spoken to no less than 25 people who have installed the BK048/BK049 combo....and about half of them said they really didn't notice much NVH increase.

Dcrypter

Established Member
MY honest opinion......removing the cradle and installing Poly Cradle bushings is a waste of time.

The CB005 Kit I pictured earlier in the thread, will work just as good as Poly Cradle bushings....

So in that case, I would recommend the CB005 > Poly Cradle Bushings.

BUT then you get into the position where you really should do the Poly Diff bushings....and you have to remove the cradle.....THEN you go back to the "well, if I have to remove the cradle, I may as well put a real cradle bushing in there"..

The moral of the story is, the Delrin Cradle + Poly Diff bushings are truly the way to go. The NVH is slightly higher, BUT if you have an exhaust system it is rather difficult to even notice it, and the majority of users won't care.

It's about 50/50.... I have spoken to no less than 25 people who have installed the BK048/BK049 combo....and about half of them said they really didn't notice much NVH increase.

Perfect, thanks Kelly. I'll just grab the delrin + poly in a couple weeks when my exhaust gets in and call it a day.

MtnBiker

Established Member
Took an alternate route home from work over some aggressive chip seal. On this surface the increased NVH was noticeable. Kelly said the Delrin cradle bushings would be a 3 / 4 out of 10 for NVH. I'd say on bad, chip sealed roads those numbers sound about right. As I've stated before, on better roads here in South Texas I can hardly tell the difference. Still very happy with the upgrade and would recommend it. The fact that it took me 3 days to even find a road that would highlight any NVH at all should say something. But, full disclosure, the NVH increase is there under the right circumstances.

Users who are viewing this thread