BMR Rear Springs only

JJJTMC

Established Member
I installed BMR's rear springs only and adjustable panhard bar. I used the heater hose mod, wrapping the hose (end to end) around the top coil only. This gave me the drop I wanted. I'm now sitting at 28" on all 4 corners. Simple mod without the extra money or headache of dropping the front end, then alignment etc.
2dbqdl4.jpg
auw9zn.jpg

Last edited:

MeanGreenBoss

Established Member
Looks great! I did the same rear spring only mod on mine, except I used the Roush rear springs with similar ride height results.

65sohc

Established Member
Pretty clever. Hadn't thought of that. Only problem is you missed the experience of trying to find all the "BB's" that fall out of your front strut mounts when they come apart.

JJJTMC

Established Member
I didn't ask if anyone liked it. :shrug:

If someone likes the 4 x 4 look, that's fine. If another likes the slammed look that's fine. To each there own, this was a sharing post for someone who might be wanting the same.

Btw, have a Happy New Years.

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
Thought we were all free to share personal opinions on this forum whether someone asked for them or not.

:beer:

JJJTMC

Established Member
Apologies Robertt, you're right.

Handling, I imagine some. I do more straight line runs than track though.

JJJTMC

Established Member
On the pinion, I would defer to BMR Techs. I was told that with a drop of 1” or less (mine was actually 15/16”), that it wasn’t an “absolute” necessity when I did the same mod on my 2009 GT. My LCA’s remained level with the ground surface too, so I don’t see a need for relocation brackets. I’ll share this with you, from Ford, not all is as it should be. I checked the rear end in regards to purchasing an adjustable panhard bar, “before” installing the springs. I used a plumb line, and from Ford the passenger side was 3/8” in from the string and the driver’s side was 1/8”. After installing the springs it went to ½” one side and touching the tire on the other side. Thus the panhard bar was bought.

86Fbody

Established Member
On the pinion, I would defer to BMR Techs. I was told that with a drop of 1” or less (mine was actually 15/16”), that it wasn’t an “absolute” necessity when I did the same mod on my 2009 GT. My LCA’s remained level with the ground surface too, so I don’t see a need for relocation brackets. I’ll share this with you, from Ford, not all is as it should be. I checked the rear end in regards to purchasing an adjustable panhard bar, “before” installing the springs. I used a plumb line, and from Ford the passenger side was 3/8” in from the string and the driver’s side was 1/8”. After installing the springs it went to ½” one side and touching the tire on the other side. Thus the panhard bar was bought.

Believe the drivers side is meant to stick out a little more than the passenger since the drivers side moves in as the axle moves up.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
Biggest downside I see to this, is the BMR spring is a lower spring rate than the stock boss springs in the rear.

Now the new handling springs that BMR will be releasing, that is a different story ;)

Last edited:

Jabooh1

Established Member
Biggest downside I see to this, is the BMR spring is a lower spring rate than the stock boss springs in the rear.

Now the new handling springs that BMR will be releasing, that is a different story ;)

Waiting to see the specs on the 6 sets they are coming out with.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
Waiting to see the specs on the 6 sets they are coming out with.

I might already have specs on the handling set...just not sure I can say :bored:

What I can say, is it will be worth the wait.

Ahh, Kelly didn't tell me I couldn't say, so he can yell at me later...

Our front springs are actually stiffer than yours....

And the rears, yours are actually stiffer.

Your rates are 148 F / 185 R

Ours are 165 F / 160 R

I think a sweeeeet combo would be our current fronts, with the new 185 rears we will be releasing. ;) That way you stiffen the front, and balance out the car.

Last edited:

JJJTMC

Established Member
Would have been nice if Kelly said something if he knew this 4 weeks ago when I ordered the rear springs. Bummer ~

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Would have been nice if Kelly said something if he knew this 4 weeks ago when I ordered the rear springs. Bummer ~

I have known about the springs I have been designing for almost 2 years.

I can't tell all of my customers to wait on our parts, that I am designing.....we would "go broke"

That said, if I feel a customer needs something special, or different than what I offer....I simply tell them. Rest assured, I will never steer a customer in the wrong direction.

Taking away from the rear rate isn't necessarily a bad thing, especially if you are not competing with the car, looking for every last millisecond on a road course. :beer:

JJJTMC

Established Member
Fair enough response, and the quality of the parts are what keeps me coming back. Thanks Kelly. :beer:

RC-5.0

Established Member
I didn't ask if anyone liked it. :shrug:

If someone likes the 4 x 4 look, that's fine. If another likes the slammed look that's fine. To each there own, this was a sharing post for someone who might be wanting the same.

Btw, have a Happy New Years.

AND....Here I am!!

I just got off the phone with Kelly and he was explaining this to me. This is the route I think Im going to go! :rockon:

I have a 3-finger gap in the back now with the 295/35/20s on. Im getting ready to add 305/35/20. My front gap is about 2-1/2 fingers, so about 1/3" lower...that happened when I put on the TVS.

I want an even look, and not slammed..I do not want the hassles of a very low front end with a chin spoiler (speed bumps, driveways, lifts, etc).

Please share your experiences now that it's been a few months JJJTMC!
:rockon:

I plan on what you did and their adj panhard bar.

Thanks in advance.!!

RC

Users who are viewing this thread