BMR Releases New Product - Adjustable Upper Control Arm for 2011+ Mustang - UTCA033

RBB

Established Member
I finally got around to installing the spherical UCA this past weekend. Initial impressions are great. As Barspen said, the back end of the car feels supremely planted and squats hard when you go WOT. This was an upgrade from the poly version for me. Even with the poly UCA, I was still getting some wheel hop and deflection under hard acceleration in lower gears. This seems to have completely solved that problem for me, at least on the street. Will hopefully be heading to the strip this weekend as long as we don't get rain.

Also of note, I haven't really noticed any increase in NVH. Al my other BMR components in the rear are using rod ends, so I get a fair amount of road noise anyways, and this upgrade doesn't seem to have added anything extra. With my windows up and stereo off, I noticed a faint whine from my diff on decel in lower gears that I don't believe I was getting before, but that's about it. I couldn't even hear it with the windows down. No additional noise when cruising and no banging, etc over bumps. I'm pretty tolerant of NVH unless it's very excessive, though, so your mileage may vary here. I'd imagine if you have already upgraded the rest of your rear suspension components, then this won't bother you at all. I see absolutely no reason to go with the poly version unless cost is an issue. The spherical UCA is a superior component.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
... Only bonded rubber needs to be torqued with the suspension loaded.

Dylan, I'm gonna be installing your BMR poly LCA's soon on my 2010. Torque is 130lbs, I believe. No suspension loading necessary when torquing the LCA's? Thanks, Dave

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Nope, no loading necessary. The gold steel insert thats in the middle of the bushing is what is torqued to the chassis. The bushing then rotates on thst insert. Bonded rubber is designed to be run in a limited range if motion, thus needing to be torqued with the suspension loaded

Users who are viewing this thread