bmr springs with struts/shocks

alex12gt

Established Member
So from what I've read the ride quality is actually decent with this combo.....
can anyone confirm or recomend a spring not looking for a handling monster just want
to lower it down

Turbo900rr

Established Member
I'm running Bmr on stock shocks and struts and I'm very happy with the ride quality. I didn't keep it stock but for 25 miles so I can't even remember what it rode like factory but I love the handling with the springs.

03cobra31

Established Member
To replace the stock struts and shocks or not?? I know the right answer is to replace. But how bad will it be if someone doesn't?

"05GT"

Established Member
Have bmr spring on my car with stock shock for a good 25,000 miles then went to adjustables and now its even better. I thought and from what people said my car rode the same with stock springs as it did with the BMR's

alex12gt

Established Member
yeah ill buy the shocks and struts eventually but no point in doing it now with only 1500 on the factory ones

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
BMR sells a lowering kit with everything that you need to lower the car including the adjustable panhard, springs, etc. It's on their website. I'm probably going to order it. I wish they had a package that included shocks/struts.

Turbo900rr

Established Member
All you need is springs, panhard bar, and camber bolts. I had mine aligned after the springs and camber is off by just a little bit. It was close enough the alignment shop said not to worry about it.

H8SUGR

Still a Rookie...
Established Member
Even with just springs I would get an alignment soon after, the driver side tire seems to suffer from some serious scalloped edges on the inside without a alignment.

I ran my springs without an alignment for about 6k miles (Lazy) and I was surprised how bad the tires were.

These were on the FRPP K springs and stock struts (No Camber Bolts). I will see if I can get a picture of them up this weekend.

BMR's Panhard bar is an amazing product, I am running the on-car adj with the brace and they are great pieces. Kind of wish I went with the springs as well just to have a nice package from one company.

Turbo900rr

Established Member
I got an alignment right after lowering it. The shop was able to get it close without the camber bolts but not perfect. I have the camber bolts now and will be taking it in to get realigned sometime soon.

scotmach

Established Member
I have the BMR springs with my stock struts/shocks and it rides just as well as when it was stock. I used the panhard bar, and relocation brackets also. I aligned it myself in my garage with nothing more than a straight edge and digital level while using the BMR camber bolts.

Users who are viewing this thread