BMR Suspension Releases New Product - Motor Mount Solid Bushing Upgrade Kit (MM006)

BMR Suspension Releases New Product

5[SUP]th[/SUP] Gen Camaro/S197 Mustang/4[SUP]th[/SUP] Gen Camaro Solid Motor Mount Upgrade Kit
MM006 $49.95

Eliminate engine movement and maximize throttle response in your 2010-Up Camaro, S197 Mustang, or 4[SUP]th[/SUP] Gen Camaro with a Solid Motor Mount Upgrade Kit from BMR Suspension. These motor mount bushings are constructed from 6061 billet aluminum and are designed for max-effort performance applications. The BMR Solid Motor Mount Upgrade Kit (PN MM006) eliminates engine movement by replacing the polyurethane bushings from the MM004 motor mounts, all BMR S197 Mustang K-members, and the KM005 and KM019 Camaro K-members. Installation time is 2-3 hours with stock exhaust manifolds (install time may be longer with aftermarket headers). Available in black anodized finish.

To preview all of BMR’s high-performance suspension parts, please visit www.bmrsuspension.com, email [email protected], or contact them at BMR Suspension, 928 Sligh Ave, Seffner, FL 33584, 813-986-9302, Fax: 813-986-8055.
MM006_large.jpg

BMR Tech

"Tob" asked a very good question in the GT500 section, and this was my response below.

Why aren't you recommending a commensurate bushing/mount upgrade at the transmission to go along with this?

Tob,

I am a big fan of eliminating driveline/train flex at the origination point - which is the Engine.

I am also a big fan of having a softer trans mount, than engine mount.

My reasoning is simple.

-When you have a trans mount that is of higher rigidity - you open up the possibility of damaging the transmission case/bellhousing.
-NVH level increase, is much more pronounced when you upgrade the trans mount (in comparison to the Motor)

These pieces are for our K-Member. If someone has our K-Member, they do not need an upgraded trans mount IMO.

Thanks for the question!

Kelly

Users who are viewing this thread