Bmr suspension...whats next

Trpcakirby2692

Established Member
I have a 2012 5.0 its a mt82 car (for now..auto swap soon), and I wanna build the suspension first before I start making more power. right now it has bmr lca with the reloc brackets, bmr uca (Im getting the uca mount next month), sway bar reloc brackets, bmr drag springs, bmr double adjustable panhard rod. what should my next step in the suspension set up be.

Future performance mods plan: cj intake, cj oval tb, rev auto 5in cai, arh 1 7/8 longtubes with off road x pipe and flowmaster outlaws or American thunder series exhaust, with a lund tune. eventually I will be putting an auto trans it, probably the one from jpc racing.

thanks for all the help!

paulyboy928

Established Member
I'm not seeing a phb support brace on there, so I'd toss that on the list. Other than that, it looks pretty good unless you want to go to the next level with a k-member and so on.

BMR Tech 2

You have your rear suspension pretty much taken care of, the next step would be a set of DA rear shocks. If you want to drop some weight off the car, K-member, A-arms, and radiator support. I think the shocks will probably benefit you more than doing the K-member and a-arms right now.

Trpcakirby2692

Established Member
10 4 thanks man. eventually one day lol ill prolly look into the bmr watts link set up but for now thatll do im just ready to get my performance stuff done, but whats the point of all that power if it cant hook up?

BMR Tech 2

10 4. im new to the da shocks what brand would you suggest?

Viking is our go-to for adjustable shocks. The quality is top notch, they have a wider adjustment range than other brands, and they're made in the US! Most of our high power customers are running Vikings for the rear :rockon:

mattymazz

Established Member
the viking/strange combo is regarded as a great combo for drag racing.

how about the street manners of this combo?

does the adjust-ability allow one to caver corners one minute change the settings and pull low 60's the next?

BMR Tech 2

I wouldn't say that the Stranges are set up for corner carving, but you can set it up so that the car has great street manners while still being able to tear it up at the track.

bullet3z

Established Member
I think the first question to you would be. What are you setting the car up for? Drag racing or a road racing/track car? I would leave the tranny as it is if you are looking for a road race/track car. If you want a drag car then have at it with the tranny. I would probably just trade it for a automatic before going through the swap. But that's just me.

redfirepearlgt

SIT BACK AND HANG ON !!!
Established Member
I think the first question to you would be. What are you setting the car up for? Drag racing or a road racing/track car? I would leave the tranny as it is if you are looking for a road race/track car. If you want a drag car then have at it with the tranny. I would probably just trade it for a automatic before going through the swap. But that's just me.

With regard to the swap out I concur. After doing the math its a wash in my findings. Less headache, less heartache...especially at your level right now. Otherwise like the guy above said keep the stick shift car if you plan on this being a hybrid course/strip car. BMR is what I am running as well. With regard to shocks I am following the advise of a race friend who is running low, low nines who runs and highly highly suggested the Lakewood 50/50's on the back which has served him well while still being street friendly...and they are only about $60 a piece. He also runs BMR suspension overall. AND he street drives the car. Adjustables are great though and worth the money if again you are trying to make it a hyprid sort of setup. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread