BMR UCA mount question

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
I guess it depends on how far out you are doing the drop and how much you drive it in the meantime. The angle might not be optimum, but it's not like you track the car either, so I don't think using the higher hole would hurt anything. I've pondered getting even a socket on the bolt while mounted in the car, I can't see it. If you can't get it tight once it's in the car, you will have a problem.

^^^+1. You have to torque the forward UCA/mount bolt properly before installing the mount on the car. You won't be able to get a socket with torque wrench on either side with the mount installed.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Maybe Ford was looking towards the future with more HP in these cars and thought they needed a bigger bolt???

After doing additional research yesterday............The upsize in the 2011 UCA is not specifically related to future power of the GT500, but more for traction advantage across the Mustang line-up. All 2011 Mustangs got this same beefier UCA/UCM, the 300hp V6, the 400hp MGT, the 444hp BOSS 302 and then the 550hp GT500. There was a large upgrade in Mustang power levels for 2011, and this "Biggy" UCA/UCM was added across the line-up.

R

Users who are viewing this thread