BMW M roadster

adamb258

Established Member
2002 BMW M roadster Question

My dad just bought am 02' BMW M roadster. Anything he needs to be aware of with these cars? I am heading back to Sherman for the weekend to visit and i look forward to taking it out for a spin. Just thought someone here might have some experience with them. Stats I found where 315hp 264tq and 3,069lbs should be fun

Last edited:

epracmetcon

Established Member
adamb258 said:
My dad just bought am 02' BMW M roadster. Anything he needs to be aware of with these cars? I am heading back to Sherman for the weekend to visit and i look forward to taking it out for a spin. Just thought someone here might have some experience with them. Stats I found where 315hp 264tq and 3,069lbs should be fun

Not all of them came with the 315hp motor, most came with the 240hp motor out of the e36 m3. Only thing I can tell you is that they are VERY ass happy....lol Fun as hell to drive though. If you can get me the last 7 digits of the vin I can tell you exactly what motor is in it and options and whatnot.

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
taronis said:
good car, great f un...............BUT IT LOOKS LIKE AN AMC GREMLIN

The roadster doesnt.
1998_BMW_M_Roadster.jpg

The coupe does.
mcoupe_small.jpg

METHICAL

Established Member
Most people hate on the styling of the M Coupe....they're one of my favorite Bimmers ever, and I love the roadster also. Z4's are horrid looking, I think.

taronis

Banned
METHICAL said:
Most people hate on the styling of the M Coupe....they're one of my favorite Bimmers ever, and I love the roadster also. Z4's are horrid looking, I think.

but according to BIMMER magazine, the coupe is VERY MUCH sought...........as a collectible.............handles like a cart...and FAST EVEN AT 240 HP.............

ElGato

There is no cure
Established Member
taronis said:
but according to BIMMER magazine, the coupe is VERY MUCH sought...........as a collectible.....

only because no one liked them when new.!!!:D I've driven a non-M coupe and agree. very quick, but looks like a penis on wheels

epracmetcon said:
Only thing I can tell you is that they are VERY ass happy....lol Fun as hell to drive though.

+65,000. tell him to be careful or we'll have the "forensic viper crash photos" on here next week:pepper:

Common

Established Member
taronis said:
but according to BIMMER magazine, the coupe is VERY MUCH sought...........as a collectible.............handles like a cart...and FAST EVEN AT 240 HP.............

I CONCUR:D
My friend has one and that thing is soo much fun to drive

adamb258

Established Member
when i go to visit my folks this weekend I will prolly snap some pics of our cars together, sounds like it should be fun to cruise around in

Antagon

Established Member
The coupe looks like a shoe

But i'll be damned, I didn't know were over 300hp, thought they were closer to 200, haha

TRXboy

Established Member
What kind of times do the coupe's run? with both the 315 and 240 varients. Also, is there any marking's on these to indicated the newer (better engine) years on them?

caz713

Established Member
TRXboy said:
What kind of times do the coupe's run? with both the 315 and 240 varients. Also, is there any marking's on these to indicated the newer (better engine) years on them?

the 2001 and 2002 M coupes and roadsters have a curved ///M badge on the rear (98-00 the badge is flat) and the wheel paint on the 01-02 cars is a darker silver compared to the earlier models... that's all i can think of at the moment

in my dad's old 00 M roadster (s52 - 240 bph) i pulled off a 14.0 @ 97.5 w/ a 2.0 60' in stock trim... i think think s54 (315 bph) coupes have broken into the high 12s when properly driven.

all in all they are a blast to drive... congrats on the new ride to the OP! post some pics if ya got em!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread