BMW owners.

RCRAMIE

Established Member
Thinking of selling the 92 mustang and picking me up a late 90 or early 2000 BMW 5 or 7 series. Any good BMW forums you know off. Looking for maybe like a buyers FAQ with what years had what problems. Or any advice anybody here can give.

txyaloo

Established Member
www.bimmer.org is a good starting point.

I had a 2001 540iA that was a great car. Great service from the dealer, everything fit well in the car, and it was quick for its size. I really love the E39 series, and the V8 in those cars was used for several years in different platforms so parts aren't too expensive. If you're looking at an E38 7-series, I'd stay away from the 750's. The V12 was only used on those cars and the 850's and parts are fairly expensive.

There was a slight exterior styling change with the 2001+ E39. They got the halo headlights and LED tails along with painted body trim and updated navigation. The early 97's had some electrical problems, but other than that the entire series is a pretty stable platform.

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
E39 M5 would be nice to have...

I'm in the same position you are, going the BMW route next. (or the 996 route)

TJSwoboda

Established Member
www.bimmerfest.com for me. Bimmerforums has some great people, but you need a minimum postcount before you can post URLs, pictures, or even emoticons. I gave up on it and am sticking with Bimmerfest.

E39 M5 would be nice to have...

I'm in the same position you are, going the BMW route next. (or the 996 route)
Not to sound prejudiced or anything, but dead people shouldn't be driving at all. Hey, it wasn't your fault that car didn't yield and ran you over on April 1st, but putting a rotting corpse behind the wheel of an E39 M5 is a recipe for disaster, whatever the ACLU says about "equal rights for the expired." :p

Last edited:

RCRAMIE

Established Member
Would love a M anything but that would put me way out off intended price range of somewhere under 10,000.
Thanks for the links everybody guess I need to get off my ass and list the 92 and see what kind of offers I get.

Users who are viewing this thread