Bob's Auto Sports LCAs...Helluva Difference!

Marc

Established Member
I actually bought these before I even got my Shelby and they sat on the shelf for 8 months. Mike (Farmer-Ted) helped me install them last week.

Damn! Got rid of the wheel-hop!! Now I can launch a lot better, especially first and second. I should of installed these the day I got my Shelby.

So what are the advantages to installing the BMR uppers along with these? I don't plan on tracking the car, so is it even worth it? And if the car is NOT lowered, you don't need the relocation brackets or panhan bar do you?

Few pictures of the install:

LCAsRearView_zpsb4ec9d8f.jpg

Out with the OLD:

OldLCASide_zps009a1d07.jpg

In with the NEW:

NewLowerControlArmSideView_zps96a9a708.jpg

BMR Tech

Looks good! LCA make a huge difference.

The benefit to installing the UCA and Mount, is similar to the benefit of installing the LCA.

Their functions are slightly different, though. The LCA are the driving force, in enabling the car to move forward when force is applied. The UCA is fighting to keep everything in-tact, enabling the LCA to perform their function without interruption.

Here are two videos, showing the difference between a factory UCA and the BMR Upper System:

Stock Upper/Mount
2013 Mustang GT Brembo Package Wheel Hop 2 - YouTube

BMR Upper/Mount
2013 Mustang GT Brembo Package Wheel Hop Cured 2 - YouTube

If you have any other questions, just ask!

GT500-lolz@MPG

Established Member
Van might chime in with his 2 cents on your suspension question. Needless to say ill be doing a full rear end suspension over haul within the next month or two..

Marc

Established Member
Looks good! LCA make a huge difference.

The benefit to installing the UCA and Mount, is similar to the benefit of installing the LCA.

Their functions are slightly different, though. The LCA are the driving force, in enabling the car to move forward when force is applied. The UCA is fighting to keep everything in-tact, enabling the LCA to perform their function without interruption.

Here are two videos, showing the difference between a factory UCA and the BMR Upper System:

Stock Upper/Mount
2013 Mustang GT Brembo Package Wheel Hop 2 - YouTube

BMR Upper/Mount
2013 Mustang GT Brembo Package Wheel Hop Cured 2 - YouTube

If you have any other questions, just ask!

Thanks for the explanation and video. I can tell you just with the lowers, I see a big difference. I used to have all that wheel hop in your first video and almost none now like the second video and I only have the lowers right now. I might have to start saving for the uppers & mount.

Users who are viewing this thread