Bobs install & LED fogs photos.

ReapeR948

FOXDIE
Established Member
had them put in last week. Both sides installed. Enjoy. Courtesy of Prime Motoring NJ.
Everything ordered from Revan racing.

Screenshot_2013-05-21-22-59-51-1_zpsd9a374cf.jpg

Screenshot_2013-05-21-22-57-30-1_zpsaa354526.jpg

Screenshot_2013-05-21-22-57-22-1_zps493f4dbb.jpg

Last edited:

smrtasp

Established Member
I did the same. Yes the color is different but no more than the stock lights and the LEDs at least look more modern and put out more light.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I did the same. Yes the color is different but no more than the stock lights and the LEDs at least look more modern and put out more light.

Those look good, but I preferred a closer color match to the HID headlights. I found it with the (5K, 6-LED, 700LM version) predecessor to these (5K, 10-LED, 850LM) bulbs. As I understand it, the new version provides the same plug and play installation, very close approximation of HID color, and better light output than the stock halogens.

Ky GT500

Established Member
Those look good, but I preferred a closer color match to the HID headlights. I found it with the (5K, 6-LED, 700LM version) predecessor to these (5K, 10-LED, 850LM) bulbs. As I understand it, the new version provides the same plug and play installation, very close approximation of HID color, and better light output than the stock halogens.

Yep, I've got the new 10 led version and they are plug and play, very happy with the color match to the HID. Great upgrade. :coolman:

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Which set matches the headlights? I had bobs and i didn't like the off coloring.

5K VLEDs are about the closest I've seen. The latest edition of these is their 10-LED, 850LM version.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Do you have a photo of how they look installed? Also, since I lack any true mechanical skills, how difficult was the installation?

I don't have any photos of my install to offer, but I'll point you to this thread where SteelTownStang posted photos of the same (5K, 6-LED, 700LM) bulbs I recommended.

As far as install goes, check out my post here.

twawsico

Established Member
Yeah, considering that I got the pair for $8.49 at the time, I don't have great expectations for them. But it was cheap enough to try out.

But they're not projector types like the other listed here, either. I do think they're the same as those selling elsewhere for $30, but then again they could be cheaper knockoffs for all I know. Do the LEDs fall off the more expensive version of the same lights as well?

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Any way to prevent that pre-install?
Ex--I used clear silicone around the aftermarket lights on the Foxbodies to prevent leaks.
Anything to do on these pre-emptive?
I guess they're cheap enough to replace every year if needed.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread