Body shop messed up my rear suspension

SciFiHiFi

Established Member
The rear axle on my 2013 was removed/re-installed by a body shop and now the car rides like garbage. Talks with the body shop have broken down and taking the car back there is no longer an option. Springs appear to be seated properly and everything seems tight. Any ideas? I'm thinking it is time to drop the whole rear end and re-install it myself.

SCMOKN

Established Member
Was it in as a insurance claim? if so contact them and inform them of the situation.

whatwhine

Established Member
Hell id even talk to a lawyer. If u can get another certified shop to look at it and figure out what went wrong you can hold the first shop liable for the damages. At the least get another opinion on their work.

Sorry to hear of the trouble

SciFiHiFi

Established Member
At this point I need to seek a technical solution. Any nuts and bolts ideas as to what could be the cause? I have not worked on these type of rear axles before, is there any thing specific to watch out for?

2011roush

Established Member
When you say it "rides like garbage" what exactly do you mean? I am not saying there is nothing wrong with it but there is really only 1 way it goes in. If it is still under warranty take it to ford and tell them to look at it. They will be able to tell if something is installed incorrectly .

BlackDragon

Because Race Car...
Established Member
Probably wasn't torqued properly with the suspension loaded. Causes the bushings to bind and the ride quality to suffer.

They probably just gunned it on with the suspension hanging...

BlackDragon

Because Race Car...
Established Member
I would put it on a roll on lift, loosen all rear suspension bolts, bounce it around a little for good measure, and retorque to spec...

deepsouthtech

Established Member
I think that you are going to need to give a better description of the problem other than "rides like garbage" to get a "technical solution"

5ohpowa

Established Member
Im guessing the bolts that mount he rear to the upper and lower control arms are overtightened therefore maybe causing binding

Users who are viewing this thread