Boise, Idaho ????

DaMuscleMan

Established Member
Hey guys well, right now I live here in the desert, Phoenix Arixzona. I came hiome from school today to find out becuse of a job offer my Dad could make around 140,000 per year, he makes around 60,000 right now, but we have to move to boise idaho.

If any memebers live there could you help me out as far as local highschools? or programs offered, right now I am, fior next year, enrolled in a special highschool for juniors and seniors only, through theis prgram I can graduate highschool as a certified nursing assitant, I want to be a plastic surgeon.

Is there anything like this up there?

Any help would be awesome especially since it came a such a surprise in such a short time.

thanks in advanced,
ty

Do they play lacrosse over there at all???

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Don't worry about the high school stuff...just remember that extra 80k that'll help pay for med school :p

CanyonOne

Established Member
Ty,

Boise, Idaho is a great town. Compared to Phoenix the city is a bit small but it has most everything. Now to your questions.

Yes, lacrosse is played up here with all the rest of the sports. Only semi - pro baseball, basketball and hockey. College football.

No special high school program for just juniors and seniors.
Boise is 10th, 11th and 12th. Meridian is 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th.

The local colleges do offer college courses when you are attending high school. The CNA part can be done through college or another learning school but the high schools do not have a program like that.

New place that is not what you want and it even snows here in the winter so you either have to get performance all season tires for the cobra or park it. Roll with the change and you will be able to roll with a lot worse things in life.

DaMuscleMan

Established Member
I have done some research too, so far it sounds awesome, no offense to nayone but is it in any way like a hick town? I guess my Dad and I will be flying up there this thursday after I get oyut of school to check out the scene

thanks for the help guys,

ty

KWladyka

Enjoying Life
Established Member
I like it here. Being in the military for many years and living in a large variety of places I’ve found this to be a great location. However, I’m sure that depends on what your personal preferences are.

I don’t see very many Cobra’s around here and the local track is pretty strict on the NHRA rules. I was not able to get in too many 11 second runs before they told me not come back without a rollbar. The elevation is about 2,800 ft so an 03 Cobra will make less power than it would in Phoenix.

Sorry, I can't help you with any information about high schools. All my children were home schooled.

crazyi

Established Member
i grew up in nampa just outside of boise for 18 years. if you are into outdoors activities then you will be right at home. there are several highschool's in the boise and meridian area. when i joined the military and moved away there wasn't much there but in the last 9 years that valley has grown big time. there is way more stuff to do there now than when i lived there. my uncle recently told me that they are going to be building a hooter's there soon. hope you have fun when you move up there.

FlatZ28

++Crocodile_Hunter
Established Member
Can't wait to finish this quarter get back to Boise for the summer :rockon: You'll love it

DaMuscleMan, as far as special programs go, like the one you mentioned I have not heard of any .. I went to Bishop Kelly High School, graduate of the 2002 class .. as far as K-12 goes, BK was my favorite and I've had pleanty to compare as I lived in the Bay area for 10 years, moved to Salt Lake for 5, and have since been living in Boise and going to school in Santa Clara, CA.

EDIT: And BK does have men's and women's lacroose, junior and varsity .. while I was there , I believe BK was kickin ass in Boise but would get murdalized when they went to play Judge Memorial in Salt Lake (another HS i almost ended up going to had I not moved to Boise)

Last edited:

DaMuscleMan

Established Member
do they have nice big open spaces to go quadding? Like banshees and dirt bikes, not like hunting quads. I am extrmely int outdoor sports, more extreme than anything. I am on a Pan Am rookie team, and I ride and I am looking at purchasing an R1 soon, but I think the weather will eba nice chnage from this AZ heat.

thx

ty

FlatZ28

++Crocodile_Hunter
Established Member
Originally posted by DaMuscleMan
do they have nice big open spaces to go quadding? Like banshees and dirt bikes, not like hunting quads. I am extrmely int outdoor sports, more extreme than anything. I am on a Pan Am rookie team, and I ride and I am looking at purchasing an R1 soon, but I think the weather will eba nice chnage from this AZ heat.

thx

ty

Boise is the place for outdoor sports. I can already think of 3 spots offhand where you can offroad by car, quad, or dirtbike. I'd say the only downside is that the local ski resort, Bogus Basin is lacking .. some years the snow can just plain suck.

Oh and McCall is not 2 hours away with a fresh water lake and pleanty more outdoor activities ... Just last summer I tried out downhill mountain biking at the Brundage ski resort in McCall with some buddies ... good times.

Last edited:

DaMuscleMan

Established Member
is most of the land out near meridian public or private... looks like that is where we will be buying a house...

ty

DaMuscleMan

Established Member
one more q then i thik i am done.. is it really as windy as I was reading? it said that winds were like 5-9 mph daily?

FlatZ28

++Crocodile_Hunter
Established Member
I'd say everything is within an hour's drive or so ... I never really notice an excessive wind .. Boise has great weather in my opinion, warm summers, not humid, and the winters are not bad .. the snow usually doesn't stick to the ground in Boise.

Users who are viewing this thread