Bolt-in LCA relocation brackets...

ComfortableLiar

Established Member
So I just ordered some of Bob's Auto Sports black billet LCAs and I'd like to eventually get the BMR lowering spring kit which includes bolt-in relocation brackets. Are bolt-in brackets fine for occasional strip use? I know it's best to weld in the brackets but do any of you track rats have experience running the bolt-ins? I'd rather not make a permanent modification to the car by welding them in if I decide to sell the car down the road and return to stock.

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
I have the UMI ones with bmr lca's, yes just torque em down to specs. I checked mine after 300 miles and they were tight. I have roughly 10 hard launches at the track and they are solid and NO noice out back.
1060a_LRG.jpg

BAD GT

Established Member
So I just ordered some of Bob's Auto Sports black billet LCAs and I'd like to eventually get the BMR lowering spring kit which includes bolt-in relocation brackets. Are bolt-in brackets fine for occasional strip use? I know it's best to weld in the brackets but do any of you track rats have experience running the bolt-ins? I'd rather not make a permanent modification to the car by welding them in if I decide to sell the car down the road and return to stock.

I twisted a bolt in on my 05 mustang with a 1.6 60ft, when this happened it crammed my tire into the wheel lip at about 50mph it was not cool!

I would not use them without welding them if you are going to run a sticky tire!

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
I had 50 or so passes on mine while they were bolted in with 275/60/15 MT drag radials. Nothing happened to me. Yea I just torqued them in hardcore.

White608

Go faster
Established Member
I'm going to weld mine just for extra safety, I would think things would go bad it it broke at speed. It's not that hard to get them off even if you weld them in.

alex12gt

Established Member
Ive got the bbr bolt ons and no trouble yet even with hard launchs on dr's but i plan to pull my rear end out this winter and get the axle tubes welded so i may just have them welded on for insurance

Users who are viewing this thread