Bolt-on 135i 1/4 mile PB

bokyo1987

Established Member
VenomGTX and I were finally able to head out to Carolina Dragway yesterday for the first time this year. It was a cool, but really humid night. Can't complain though as we both ended up laying down PBs. This is the same track where termipowa's 500whp Cobra ran his PB of 11.9x @121mph a few months ago.

Some passes from left to right...

• Solo pass ended up being my PB
  • Lined up against a C5Z with drag radials (unknown mods, do stickers count?)
  • Intake/exhaust/tune 5.0 (went up against several different 5.0s)
  • 60s caged Pontiac... I redlighted but ended up pulling ahead

IMG_4143.jpg

Not the most exciting video... my PB though!
th_IMG_3586.jpg

Mods: Intake, intercooler, catless downpipes/midpipes, upgraded pump to run e50 tune, and 17" NT555Rs.

UPDATE
Finally got to hit the strip since blowing my stock turbos. I have since upgraded my twins and added port injection for straight e85. I flashed a 25psi tune hoping to lay down decent times but went home disappointed haha.

I aborted three passes due to multiple misfires and one due to my chargepipe blowing off. I ended up loading my daily, low boost (20ish psi) map and ended up besting my previous PB on a soft launch... 11.701 @124.76 with a 2.1 60ft. VenomGTX and a few other buds had a blast as well (Focus STs, 335i, 335is, 128i), with the 335i going 10.9 @130mph.

image.jpg

Last edited:

bokyo1987

Established Member
Nice times. Lays down a little on big end def.
Good eighth but where is your top end? It's not picking up much in the big end?

Thanks! My turbo seals actually gave out after my sixth pass. I'm pretty sure they were on their way out and those passes doomed them. I kinda expected it though... They tend to fail on stock cars and I'm running quite a bit more boost than stock.

The small twins lose a lot of steam after 5500rpm even when fully healthy too.

Not a bad 1/8th mile at all for that sixty foot.

First time out with real tires, I had high hopes for that night as well haha! Definitely looking for a better sixty once the turbo issues are sorted out.

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Just noticed this. I didn't bother saying anything because I didn't think anyone would be impressed by my bolt-on 3v vert running a blistering 13.7 @ 102. But it's a 3600 lb pig with a 3.31 gear so I'm happy with it.

bokyo1987

Established Member
Just noticed this. I didn't bother saying anything because I didn't think anyone would be impressed by my bolt-on 3v vert running a blistering 13.7 @ 102. But it's a 3600 lb pig with a 3.31 gear so I'm happy with it.

Blower time! The white 335i and a few others are driving down to Aiken on Thursday. Want to head back? I'll be in the DD though.

Swapped in 3.08 gears and some weld rts on the rear man we should give them a highway pull soon.

Good stuff! I'm definitely down once I sort out my turbo issues. With the big discrepancy in trap speed, I'm not too optimistic about my chances lol. I know of a few cars possibly going to Aiken on Thursday if you're free.

Last edited:

termipowa

Established Member
I'm out of town until the 28th man. Venom it is a tall gear I was worried it would slow the car down but it hooks better and never stops pulling up top. I'm not sure if you guys know Wes with the black c6z but it had intake tune and coilovers and I put 2 to 2.5 on him from 60 to 140 on the 17s. Then I ran a 15 jag type r from 80 or so he had a 2 car jump I finally pulled him around 135 put one on him came off. I'm pretty low in the rpm in 3rd at 80. I haven't been to the track but once since the gear change I ran 12.6 at 120 with a 2.6 60 on 275 street tires.

bokyo1987

Established Member
^ That's pretty sick. I think I've seen the C6Z at the strip, not sure if I'm talking about the same guy though. I'll definitely hit you up once my car's ready to go again lol.

termipowa

Established Member
Its running pretty good. I took it out to jackson thusday and the clutch wouldnt even make 1 pass. Launched thought i was spinning it was the clutch let off went back in felt it start to give a bit ran 3rd and it completely gave out coasted the rest. Ran 11.5 at 126 only 100 in the 1/8. Trapped that with the eaton. Hopefully will be able to buy my rxt next week and get some decent runs in.

bokyo1987

Established Member
Its running pretty good. I took it out to jackson thusday and the clutch wouldnt even make 1 pass. Launched thought i was spinning it was the clutch let off went back in felt it start to give a bit ran 3rd and it completely gave out coasted the rest. Ran 11.5 at 126 only 100 in the 1/8. Trapped that with the eaton. Hopefully will be able to buy my rxt next week and get some decent runs in.

Get some good runs in before it gets hot and humid. GA summer won't be time slip friendly at all lol.

Your running E50 and tuned for it? JB4 or Cobb?

Cobb, thinking of stacking so I can push past 21ish psi though.

Users who are viewing this thread