Bolt on 5.0 vs M3 e92

GunsUpCoyote

Global Wahhh? 12 mpg
Established Member
Guy pulled up to our Local meet yappin his gums about how he liked to "race mustangs" After a few friends passed on the chance and a few comments out of Bimmer owners mouth I found myself just walking to my car.

20 roll Pulled him by a few cars.

Dig he took me in his auto, Just couldn't get the power down in 1 and 2 (driver mod) He took me by a couple cars.

40 roll I put 2 cars on him.

One of the few cars other than new 5.0's I have ran and I was rather pleased with the outcome. Bimmer still had paper tags. :pepper::banana::pepper:

For my 25k car to beat a New M3 I was happy. Opinions?

kaz109

Established Member
Always love the comments " for my cheap car to beat a more expensive car I did great" lol...good runs man, work on your launching as he shouldn't of been able to put lengths on you. As some of us old school ppl would say, from a dig is real racing and roll racing is something imports did to have a chance.

Edit: forgot to ask, what bolt ons do you have?

Last edited:

GunsUpCoyote

Global Wahhh? 12 mpg
Established Member
Always love the comments " for my cheap car to beat a more expensive car I did great" lol...good runs man, work on your launching as he shouldn't of been able to put lengths on you. As some of us old school ppl would say, from a dig is real racing and roll racing is something imports did to have a chance.

Edit: forgot to ask, what bolt ons do you have?

Yeah Yeah I figured I would get flamed. And I agree with everything you said. Just need more seat time to get the jitters out.

My mods are Steeda CAI, Catted X, Roush AB. No tune currently so I'd put my car somewhere in the 350-370 to the wheels. Also was running 5 day old Michelin Pilot Super Sports in 255/45/19. Need more meat in the back but that will have to wait until the next go round on rubber.

kaz109

Established Member
Yeah Yeah I figured I would get flamed. And I agree with everything you said. Just need more seat time to get the jitters out.

My mods are Steeda CAI, Catted X, Roush AB. No tune currently so I'd put my car somewhere in the 350-370 to the wheels. Also was running 5 day old Michelin Pilot Super Sports in 255/45/19. Need more meat in the back but that will have to wait until the next go round on rubber.

Nah you won't get flamed by anybody and my post wasn't meant to be taken that way. Your run went as expected but you shouldn't have got pulled that bad from a dig so work on that and your good :beer:

GunsUpCoyote

Global Wahhh? 12 mpg
Established Member
Nice runs, 2 outta 3 ain't bad.

Thanks. He ripped outta the hole just as good as my Buddies Evo X.

By the time I was done pulling 2nd he was about 3-4 cars ahead.

Up to 130 and it was down to 1 1/2 cars pulling evenly.

Anybody know what they top out at?

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
that is pretty old thinking. Most races nowadays including the high HP monsters all do rolls. I remember the dig only days...when it was 2 manuals going at it, thats what we considered a real race...now everyones rocking auto...my how things have changed

good race OP...get some meat in the rear youll be good

blackvette101

Established Member
that is pretty old thinking. Most races nowadays including the high HP monsters all do rolls. I remember the dig only days...when it was 2 manuals going at it, thats what we considered a real race...now everyones rocking auto...my how things have changed

good race OP...get some meat in the rear youll be good

yeah you never see digs on the street anymore. Here even the AWD guys want rolls so they don't break shit.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
You live in a city full of shops with Dyno's, but you haven't spent the $300-$500 for a tune? I don't know Coyotes that well, but your likely leaving at least 20rwhp on the table.

5.0jake

Established Member

good race OP...get some meat in the rear you'll be good

What street tires do you all recommend for optimal straight line street traction other than drag radials?

I made a tire thread on another forum a while back and I was told to get UCA's to mitigate wheel hop, other than slicks or drag radials, it wasn't any more advantageous to go with anything wider than 255' as far as a street tires.:shrug:

Last edited:

blackvette101

Established Member
What street tires do you all recommend for optimal straight line street traction other than drag radials?

I made a tire thread on another forum a while back and I was told to get UCA's to mitigate wheel hop, other than slicks or drag radials, it wasn't any more advantageous to go with anything wider than 255' as far as a street tires.:shrug:

what size rim. With street tires you need as much width as possible because the contact patch is not as sticky so you need more of it. We usually run 295/35/20 nitto invo or 295/45/18 nitto NT555. Both will fit with any of lowering spring kit and will hook up way better then your 255's.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member

what size rim. With street tires you need as much width as possible because the contact patch is not as sticky so you need more of it. We usually run 295/35/20 nitto invo or 295/45/18 nitto NT555. Both will fit with any of lowering spring kit and will hook up way better then your 255's.

definitely need to know the rim size, like blackvette said also nitto555 work really well on the streets and can pass for an all season tire-isshhh

toyos r888's have so far been my absolute favorite dig tire, with Michelin pilot sport 2's as second.

the wider the better btw:beer:

5.0jake

Established Member
definitely need to know the rim size, like blackvette said also nitto555 work really well on the streets and can pass for an all season tire-isshhh

toyos r888's have so far been my absolute favorite dig tire, with Michelin pilot sport 2's as second.

the wider the better btw:beer:

Stock 19' Brembo pkg 19's

5.0jake

Established Member
you need different wheels I believe those are only 9'' wide.

I hear you but getting new wheels isn't happening. I'm only keeping this car for another year and then swapping to a 14' (or 15' if it's nice) 5.0 auto and going the F/I route.
I guess I'm screwed from a traction standpoint with the stock brembos? If not what do you recommend?

Last edited:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
A buddy of mine had one with 386rwhp and I completetly raped him when I was n/a with just an offroad xpipe and boss intake and tune ofcourse. He got rid of the car shortly after which was silly because It was a beautiful m3. I can post the video after work. But i pulled bus lengths on it.

Users who are viewing this thread