Bolt on 95 cobra 1/4 street tires

Jackie Chan

getin' slizurd on da goos
Established Member
Bolt on 95 cobra 1/4 street tires updated**

updated below

I decided to go right after work so I had a tool kit, spare, a bunch of clothes floor jack, sub and other crap in the car probably totalling around 100-130lbs. I had the street tires on, they are 245/45/17's but they were cheap as f like $60 brand new each with a contact patch of a 225 tire. anyway

1.939 60'
[email protected] 1/8
[email protected] 1/4

boltons in the sig. I think with all of the bs weight out and a little tweaking 13.1x is pretty attainable on street tires and bolt ons.

Last edited:

Jackie Chan

Established Member
cobra2798 said:
Thats dam good, Im guessing this was at OSW. I dont see a sig, what are the mods?

Yeah at OSW, this was the first time out on those tires. Im sure they are capable of the same or better again given i ran them at 34+psi on the first few runs :poke:

Jackie Chan

Established Member
yeah it went 12.96 on et streets. its capable of a little better how it sits though thats only with 8 passes on et streets, 4/5 of the last were 12.9s with everything in the car...still can remove the seats(frt pass and rears) still playing with the shift points and timing.

dave f you!!! see you tomorrow maybe??

stacy532

you can pass me
Established Member
I cant believe any street tires hold up to a 1.8 60' hell the best I ever got was a 2.17 even after my 3.73's thats on 18" rubber though hell I never even got a 1.8 on my drag radials ,and that is spinning on first takeoff with a 4000rpm launch im thinking you must be feathering it just right and then just jamming and slidding all the way down there?....lol good job

stacy532

you can pass me
Established Member
does your car really dyno 271? mine will prolly only do 220 at best and I have some of the same bolt ons you have
my list
mac shorties
upr x pipe
flows dumped
3.73 gears
aluminum pullies
mac cold air kit

Jackie Chan

Established Member
never dynoed...that is a calc based off of weight and such...i could be off on the weight 100lbs so who knows. I would guess the car would put down 250 at least.

once you get the hang of street tires its pretty easy as long as the track isnt cold or the slippery from the humidity.

stacy532

you can pass me
Established Member
I had some pos 265 35 18 " potenzas and even with 22 lbs of air and a 2000 rpm feathered launch all my car did was a 2.2 60' ....lol

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
Jackie Chan said:
updated below

I decided to go right after work so I had a tool kit, spare, a bunch of clothes floor jack, sub and other crap in the car probably totalling around 100-130lbs. I had the street tires on, they are 245/45/17's but they were cheap as f like $60 brand new each with a contact patch of a 225 tire. anyway

1.939 60'
[email protected] 1/8
[email protected] 1/4

boltons in the sig. I think with all of the bs weight out and a little tweaking 13.1x is pretty attainable on street tires and bolt ons.

damn not bad at all...and nice 60'

Users who are viewing this thread