Bolt on dynonumbers for my C6

1.8t

Established Member
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=7505677

Here is a graph of my baseline with 1020 miles on the odometer, and now with my mods with 4300 miles on the odo.

Mods:
Kooks 1 7/8" Jet Hot Coated headers
Kooks Catless X
B&B Rt. 66
Vararam Intake
160t-stat
MTI Racing Tune

I dyno'ed 417whp and 416wtq on MTI's dyno(http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=7494495), but those were STD numbers, so I went to a local dynoject 248C to get the SAE numbers in the link. Turned out they were almost identical. I went [email protected] bone stock w/ 385whp/378wtq and Torque Management sapping power on the launch and right after every gear change. TM has now been deleted from the car, which is supposed to give .2sec and 1mph alone(it was very intrusive and the car feels light years better with IMMEDIATE throttle response and no pausing on hard shifts), so hopefully the combination of that and the new power will allow me to grab some 11's and 120mph traps. Guess we will find out once I can make it to the track.

Last edited:

1.8t

Established Member
Congrats, but honestly I thought your numbers would have been higher w/ a tune and those mods.

Yea, so did a lot of the vette boys too. The thing is, and it could be the dyno's around here(I have only dyno'ed on 2 of them), my car has never dyno'ed well. My 385/378 #'s for stock, even w/ no NPP, was about 6whp shy of what the "average" would be. It would appear that that is the case again for these bolt ons. You have your freaks grabbing 430whp from bolt ons, but I am not going to lie, I just think their dyno's read higher than the ones I am on. I am #6 on the C6 bone stock fast list, with the second highest trap on the list. If my car were down on power, it would be much lower on the list, and more importantly, its trap speed would be nowhere near the highest(matter of fact, my fastest trap is 116mph, which would make me the highest, just didn't e.t. as well on that run). The only numbers that matter to me are at the track and so far my car has been one of the fastest. I hope that proves to be the case once again.

Last edited:

lilbuddy1587

Banned
Congrats, but honestly I thought your numbers would have been higher w/ a tune and those mods.

His peak numbers aren't too "exciting" for an 08 LS3 BUT if you look at his graph, the power gained across the board is MORE than "exciting". He had gains of 20-25rwhp and 25-30rwtq in the "meat" of his power band. Thats awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread