Bolt on electric wheels. 2WD to AWD

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Great idea. But 10k plus 2k for battery is just too much for me to gain 100 hp. I think this can lead to lower cost casting and other technology which can really make this affordable. Great thinking though

Consider this: that’s 100 hp and awd added to a car without any additional strain to the powertrain or drivetrain. For my ST that’s a big deal. So essentially reliability of my car as a dd doesn’t diminish at all but I get an insane performance upgrade. And if these things break I can just put my stock rims back on and keep driving. But if I blow my engine pushing 100 more whp with a larger turbo now I’m sure the cost all together is going to be near 12k.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
$10k for that system presented in the video is an absolute steal considering the R/D that went into this. Wow.

Almost makes me want to buy a new CTR and add this kit.
Or maybe @Kaneda can add it to his Demon and finally grab that 9.65.

joshcarp81

Established Member
He said they were limited to 50 hp a piece on that application but 100 hpa piece would be possible so for 200 horsepower sounds hard to beat. I really feel looks kill it for me however. Unless the snap on hubcap is an exact match to your other two.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
this seems best suited for fwd econoboxes. besides the obvious reliability question, i wonder how well this things holds up to cornering forces.

musclefan21

Established Member
Barely the cost of a supercharger, install, tune and support... and you now have an AWD car.

Just think if you could bolt those babies on the front of a Mustang, be launching like a GTR!

With a 1lb brake system. Sounds pretty safe lol

Users who are viewing this thread