wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
99-04 Ford Lightning Twin Turbo - 400 - 850 HP
Written by HellionCraig
Wednesday, 10 February 2010 04:09
Base Price - $6.495.00
99-04 Ford Lightning Twin Turbo - 400 - 850 HP
Hellion Power Systems has revolutionized the turbocharging market once again by releasing the first mail-order, 100% complete twin turbo system for 99-04 Ford Lightning owners. This new system features the same quality of design and craftsmanship that Hellion is known for, as well as the same all out power and performance. The system features all stainless steel construction, twin Turbonetics 58mm turbos, Turbosmart 38mm wastegates, and all other components that are necessary for installation.
Complete Parts List - Coming Soon!
Lightning014.jpg

Lightning014_120_79_80.jpg

Lightning015_120_79_80.jpg

Lightning022_120_79_80.jpg

Last edited:

FlaHP

Established Member
Really cool kit. I have been a part of 2 4V turbo Lightning builds and can say having a plug and play kit is huge. The truck we just finished took over 3 years from the death of the stock motor to the new set up being dynoed and run at the track.

Looking forward to many more pictures.

lets see what the cold side looks like!!!!!

themadgnome

I don't talk stock
Established Member
Take this with MMR's current short block sale and you could easily have a ridiculously sick truck for a little over $10K. Damn, I wish I wasn't so responsible with money.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
Probably because of the location of the turbos. In FL, it rains every few days. Have to put a shield or something.

bamaRed

BAMA-LOC
Established Member
the oil return lines will be interesting also. 1 wrong pot hole or crap in the road might be expensive as well. i might be wrong, so well see when someone buys it.

busakiller

Established Member
To me, for 800hp, I'd strap on a 3.4 and call it a day. The work involved for that turbo kit doesn't equal the reward IMO when you can just replace the blower.

My main problem with that turbo kit is the turbo placement. It's lose lose as far as heat goes. The turbos will heat up the trans pan, the trans pan will heat up the turbos, etc, etc. If I were dead set on turbocharging, I'd do a single under the hood personally.

Last edited:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Why do you say that?

Well first of all I prefer singles. The turbos in that kit are fairly small at 57mm, add another $600 for the 66mm upgrade. The price also doesn't include any intake of any sort. I really don't like the placement of the turbos under the truck, especially for street driving.

busakiller

Established Member
Well first of all I prefer singles. The turbos in that kit are fairly small at 57mm, add another $600 for the 66mm upgrade. The price also doesn't include any intake of any sort. I really don't like the placement of the turbos under the truck, especially for street driving.

After doing twins on my shitbox, I'd rather have a single too. To much piping and dumb shit goin on under my hood.

00slvrL

RIP 05.18.2013
Established Member
I was waiting for the twin kit to come out and as some of you have mentioned, the placement of the turbos is a no no, i dont like it, very unfortunate because I was very interested to see what finally came out....bummer.

Bullitt357

Established Member
Their twins for the GT500 and Challenger (same mounting locations essentially) have been holding up just fine. Don't see why it wouldn't with this kit.

Last edited:

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
I had been waiting for there kit to come out...... Then they release it as twins which is why Im now in the midst of building my own single 76mm setup.

Users who are viewing this thread