Bolt on Mach w/ a Diablo chip dyno numbers

LTmach21

Established Member
First of all, I bought my Mach in NJ (flew up there and drove it back) and Im in SW MO. I figured due to elevation difference a re-tune wouldnt be a bad idea. So I made an appointment and blahh blahh blahh long story short my car made 296 rwhp and 312 ft/lbs with the tune it has now on the base pull. The tuner said that the AF ratio was fine and that he wouldnt be able to get any more power out of it from the tune that he would put in. He went along to say that 296rwhp was actually really good and that he had recently put ported heads and a set of Crower cams in "one of these" :bash: (maybe thinking mine was a GT 2v??) along with full bolt ons and it only made 305 rwhp. This kind of made me skeptical but whatever. I dont know if he was confusing my car with a 2v or what? The dyno was a dyno jet. I was hoping for at least 310 to the wheels. Any info? Should I try to get an email tune from Bama and see what that does? I hear they're email tuning program is actually pretty dang good.

My mods are Kooks LTs, Kooks O/R X, Borla Stingers, JLT RAI w/ Pro-M Mass air, Steeda UDPs, and a 3/8" intake spacer and 4.10s. Thanks for all help!

Mach828

Established Member
Power seems right. Elevation change doesn't affect air fuel ratio, its not a carb'd car.

You don't really have any big mods. Normal bolt ons lead to about 300hp.

What was the air fuel ratio and timing? Assuming it was around 12.8 and 21-22 your not going to gain anything from a different tune.

Last edited:

LTmach21

Established Member
The A/F ratio was 12.1. Well I was just kinda confused because Ive seen Machs with the same mods go for 315 to the wheels give or take.

Grimster

Established Member
dyno numbers really dont matter. If the car drives and feels strong then you are good to go. Take it to the track if you want to see what kind of power you are putting down. :)

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
Power seems low to me. When my Mach had just JLT RAI, SLP o/r x pipe and borla stingers I made 305whp and 321tq, I've seen guys with LT's making 320+. Just do me a favor and get rid of those UDP's, they're a ticking time bomb on these cars. Check out Mach1Registry.com if you want another source of info.

LTmach21

Established Member
Power seems low to me. When my Mach had just JLT RAI, SLP o/r x pipe and borla stingers I made 305whp and 321tq, I've seen guys with LT's making 320+. Just do me a favor and get rid of those UDP's, they're a ticking time bomb on these cars. Check out Mach1Registry.com if you want another source of info.

Yea thats what I heard. Im working on getting a different set of stock pullies. Im not too terribly worried about it because the ar very seldom sees high rpms. Maybe 1-2 a week.

TRMach1

Established Member
So with all those bolt ons it only made that? something is obviously wrong, mine only has borla catback and a drop in k&n and made 280 and 305.

LTmach21

Established Member
So with all those bolt ons it only made that? something is obviously wrong, mine only has borla catback and a drop in k&n and made 280 and 305.

Yea just kinda annoying. But I guess since the car is running fine it doesnt really matter! I think now that Ive been listening, Im starting to hear an exhaust leak. Would that make any difference?

Users who are viewing this thread