Bolt-ons + S-Trim = ????

Kyle

Established Member
Hello. I have a '93 cobra with heads, ported intake, custom cam, etc. I have run 113 mph traps here in Texas in the early fall / late summer. I have considered selling my heads/cam/ported intake, and throw the stock induction back on, BUT I'd install a vortech S-trim with the stock pulley. I would have 30# injectors, C&L 76mm MAF, 65mm throttle body, 1-5/8" longtubes, 2-1/2" dr. gas x-pipe, 2-1/2" dynomax catback. I could get almost enough money to pay for the Vortech with the money I receive for selling the other induction goodies. What do you think? Would it go faster? How much? Dyno? Anyone done this set-up on a '93 Cobra and run 11's on 17" drag radials?

Later,
Kyle
'93 Cobra #1058

ObieFox

Established Member
I'd stay NA but that is just my opinion. You have a very fast '93 as is. You would probably pick up 30-40 HP and Ftlbs with the blower, but you'll also be pushing your stock short block a lot harder. You NA combo is making great power and will probably stay together longer. Good luck with whatever you decide!!

Kevin

93 red snake

Established Member
like i said he should make roughly a hundred more with a blower than now. i made 413rwhp and 419tq with stock induction,cam, computer and ported gt40 heads with a stock pullied novi 2000.:beer: wasn't tryin to upset anyone.

trey193

Established Member
And U cant forget about Hotrodcobra, he made a hair over 500 at the wheels with a bone stock factory motor, computer and all, albeit he was pushing 15lb of boost but previously he was running 10-12lbs and his car ran consistent 7teens 96-98mph, not sure if I would bother pulling out the custom grind cam though, it most likely would work well with forced induction and most likely u are wanting to sell your heads to help fund the blower and they will bring good money a used cam on the other hand wouldnt, and of course U want to retain your factory cobra intake since the car is a true 93! If I were in your boat I would do it, the car would be faster and U would have the wow factor of the s-trim! Take Care! Trey

ObieFox

Established Member
93 RedSnake, Those are very nice numbers for a stock ,93 short block with a Novi 2000. Your ported heads help and that Novi 2000 is a great supercharger. Are those numbers SAE?

I have seen a few S-Trim vortech "stock" cobras put down about 350/350 SAE corrected on 6-8 PSI of boost. Most of that power is up top in the RPM range so you start to combine higher boost levels with lots of RPM's on a stock short block.

I just think his NA combo is pretty sweet. Obviously from my sig, I like blower cars too! ;)

Take care,

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread