Bondurant goes GM

rtking

Established Member
I read in Autoweek that the Bob Bondurant school has signed-on with GM for 4 years. They're taking deliveries of Cadillac CTSs for student cars and 4 Z06 'Vettes.

I wonder what this means for our "10% discount at the Bob Bondurant School" when we bought our SVT products?

I wonder why Bondurant would switch after all these years?

Bob

Cobra'03

Established Member
You forgot to mention that they are keeping the Mustangs, some of which are 1994 models. My guess is GM gave them a good price, and they wanted to widen their appeal to driver's of Vettes and sedans. Makes sense.

i8u

Established Member
That place was a f#@kin blast! I took the 4-day grand prix road racing course. I would recomend it to anyone. Any one else been there?:beer:

Cobra'03

Established Member
Originally posted by i8u
That place was a f#@kin blast! I took the 4-day grand prix road racing course. I would recomend it to anyone. Any one else been there?:beer:

I have been twice, last time 4 years ago - also to The Marlboro Racing School.

Warp03Cobra

Community Racers
Established Member
I went for the 4 day road racing a few years ago...i'm up for going back with a group of friends.

It was a blast..one of the best times of my life.

Badasp5.0

Established Member
I heard there was a big falling out with ford.....I cannot remember over what.....I think I read it in MM&FF about 2-3 months ago?
I will try to find it..........

Intense

Established Member
they had a falling out w/ford b/c ford wanted locations nationwide and bondurant objected. i guess it all went downhill from there. this is the rumor that i heard. also must have been real bad b/c bondurant sold all of the fords in his private collection. they have been for sale all over the internet.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Are they still going to use all those orange with blue racing striped 5.0's, GT's, and Cobra's?

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by Intense
they had a falling out w/ford b/c ford wanted locations nationwide and bondurant objected. i guess it all went downhill from there. this is the rumor that i heard. also must have been real bad b/c bondurant sold all of the fords in his private collection. they have been for sale all over the internet.

He's selling his 95R? What about his Shelby cobra?:shrug:

Intense

Established Member
i don't know about the shelby cobra but there was a '93 R,'95 R,'00 R, and a shelby GT500 KR. these were all listed at hemmings.com. and if you browse ebay there are/was several of the orange w/blue striped cars listed there. a friend was interested in his '93 and'95 R's, they were being sold by kruse international.

Users who are viewing this thread