Bone Stock 14 Track Pack Premium 1/4 Mile Estimate

DeepImpact

Established Member
Well, I hope to baseline it tomorrow at Sonoma Raceway. Any guesses? Has original crappy Pirellis and spins and hops like crazy on the street. I sure hope I don’t have to lift in 2nd, but it will be so hard to shift it easy. It even hops on the 2-3 shift! I have very little seat time in this car and it is a lot different than my Foxbody that I lost. I haven’t raced a stick in 3 years. I’ll be pissed if I can’t beat my wife’s Explorer which ran 13.55. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

DeepImpact

Established Member
I will be super disappointed if I don’t get this thing in the 12’s. These tires seriously suck though, but I haven’t had them in warm weather yet. 4 years old though and about 30%.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
without drag radials it will be a challenge. Good luck, crossing fingers for a 12.99

vortecd

Established Member
it will go in the 12's if you can drive a stick right even on the stock tires. It is all about riding the clutch out so it hooks

DeepImpact

Established Member
60 felt good so I was all excited and then threw the shit out if the shifter like my old TKO in the Fox and missed 3rd! Damn! 13.726 @ 104.99mph.

DeepImpact

Established Member
2nd pass. Super nervous after missing 3rd so shifted a little early and slower. Hit the damn limiter in 4th as I crossed. 12.649 @ 109.81 mph! That is more like it! I can’t believe these shitty tires got me a 1.848 60ft!!

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
I ran 12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock 2014 TP. 1.92 60’. The stock Pirellis are horrible. Wheel hop was horrible. Even spun and hopped on the 3-4 shift. Even on the 12.76 I hit the limiter at the stripe.

I was told anything under a 2.0 60’ was pretty good on the stock tires. That will be the key to your time.

Since that last time at the track I have upgraded my suspension (Koni coilovers, BMR watts LCAs and relo brackets) and my wheel hop is completely gone.

Just saw your time - nice run! But the mph seems low. Good luck!

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Could the low mph be due to the great CA gas? Have you datalogged to see if the car is pulling timing due to knock activity (weak gas)? My car was pulling timing even with Sunoco 93 in the tank. I switched to Sheetz 93 and that fixed the knock issue.

DeepImpact

Established Member
Strong headwind. It was in the limiter in 4th before the finish line, but so close I don’t want to go into 5th.

DeepImpact

Established Member
12.598!!! Same speed. It shut off cause the limiter right at the finish line. 1.779 60ft.

DeepImpact

Established Member
I am heating the shit out of these. Way more than I used to heat up my ET Streets. Street tires usually want just a tiny clean off. These are doing great with a 2nd gear 15 second burnout. Lol. Feels like way too long. Then I roll on it in 2nd on the cold return road and it pitched sideways.

DeepImpact

Established Member
Lol, feels like 15 but probably closet to 5 seconds. My best speed was 110.11mph in the limiter. If the headwind wasn’t so strong I would use 5th. Best ET was 13.594 on my 13.58 dial in. 1.847 60ft on that one at 109.97mph. 2nd best was the 12.598 @ 109.74 with 1.779 60ft. Had two 12.649‘s and then got too aggressive in the 4th round off the line against my buddy in his 13 Shelby and spun and hopped to a 12.84. He got me. I am pretty happy with these times for bone stock and having very little seat time. It even still has the original air filter. Let the mods begin!

Users who are viewing this thread