BONESTOCK's L is Alive and well...

bonestocksvt

Established Member
For those who know I blew my motor (thanks to 15psi and 500RWHP), I managed to sell my KB and Intake set up last week. With that money I was able to find a sweet 8700mi Longblock from David London. I don't know if you guys know him, but he has one of the fastest lightnings in Jersey and had a page in the last issue of that Ford Truck racing mag which is released quaterly. Anyways, to make the long story short, he is part of the Delaware Valley Lighting Owners Club and they are local guys, so wiith money in hand I managed to scoop his low mile original motor up.

I decided to do the swap myself in my house garage. I had to literally drop the truck on the ground to work on it, but in wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I did mostly everything by myself while my wife was at work. The only time I had to borrow friend was when it was time to lay in the motor which went as smooth as it can all go. Well I picked at it about an hour to two hours aday and yesterday I was ready to Fire her up.

I plugged in my excal, returned her back to stock and crank,... Vrooooomm, just like she always did, started right up and idles just like the day I bought her... Not to mention, I scored big with my wife.. She thinks I'm a genius because I fixed all LIGHTNING a by myself...

Only thing left to do, is let her run for a while, make sure the t-stat opens and top her fluids and make sure there are no leaks and continue our bonding right were we left off...

uuuuuhhhhhh I'm so happy.. :-D :coolman: :D

Last edited:

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Congrats bro!! I've done a motor swap 95% by myself (SBC though), and it wasn't fun, but there weren't any friedns to f things up.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
good deal man.. its too bad you had to sell your kb to fund it, but at least your back up and running.

bonestocksvt

Established Member
:-D I just happy.. Like Chris said, I didn't have anyone F'ing things up, so in the end, it made things better.

Leeroy697

Established Member
Congrats. Ive done a motor swap before and its a proud feeling when it starts up and you know that you did all the work.

bonestocksvt

Established Member
JoeyD Boosted said:
Very nice! Congrats.
Just curious: How much did the Long Block cost you?
Pick it up from Delval Club for $2250.00

I'm super proud of my accomplishment. I will be rewarded from my wife for the next couple of weeks because of the money I saved us, if you know what I mean :coolman: . I just have one minor thing left and thats pluggin in the passanger side O2 sensor and then my install will be 100% complete. So far, it's been the biggest pain in the ass getting to it and I've had no luck yet. The harness side has a clip thats attached to the head, but it snapped off and now it made it worse. I did it before with some long needle nose pliers that I have, but since the harness side is not fixed to the head anymore it makes it worse. Ohh well, just a bit of patience and perseverance and it will come together..

Anyways, thanks guys for your praises, makes me feel just a little smart... :lol:

Last edited:

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
It seems like a long way around the barn but if you pull out the passengers fender well you can reach right in and connect the sensor. I hate that damn sensor connector.:cuss:

bonestocksvt

Established Member
I did that and just need to take a breather and get back in there. I took the well and have the tire off. Hopefully that should work. Thanks

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Congrats on the New Motor and acomplishment of pulling out a motor and putting one back in all on your own. What a deal you got on the block as well.

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
Hey Bonestock, I have had the pleasure of meeting David London. It was at JLP's Christmas Party this past year. He is a great guy just to talk to. Just a little bit of info on David. Look for his L to be sporting a new Dual exhaust this year. I mean on both sides of his L. I was there when he got his driver side cut out for exhaust. It was a christmas present from one of his friends at the Party. You should be very happy with hislong block. It probably has had some JLP help in there somewhere..... Hope you have good luck with this engine. Later.....Jason

bonestocksvt

Established Member
Tazman1 said:
Hey Bonestock, I have had the pleasure of meeting David London. It was at JLP's Christmas Party this past year. He is a great guy just to talk to. Just a little bit of info on David. Look for his L to be sporting a new Dual exhaust this year. I mean on both sides of his L. I was there when he got his driver side cut out for exhaust. It was a christmas present from one of his friends at the Party. You should be very happy with hislong block. It probably has had some JLP help in there somewhere..... Hope you have good luck with this engine. Later.....Jason
He is great guy is'nt he. Not to mention his badass truck. I'm glad you met him. I hope you learned a thing or two from him, because the guy is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to our trucks.

Well, I took her for 30 min drive last night and it felt like the first day I bought here. It was all bonding time.. lol

Users who are viewing this thread