Boost-A-Pump am I missing something?

Vmnous285

Established Member
DSC00486.jpg

DSC00487.jpg

that is wire C.

mustangtw

Established Member
There is susposed to be a shielded rca type plug that goes to the control dial and there is one more set of wires that goes to a boost switch which most bypass and just connect the two wires together.

mustangtw

Established Member
Mine has the control dial, but I have heard some people say if you cut off the rca plug and short the two wires together it will just cause it to run at 100% gain all the time. Mine has the control dial and I have my boost switch wires shorted together so the bap stays on all the time. It looks like your control dial wires may be shorted together in that pic. My boost switch wires were both black if I recall and it looks like you have a red and black shorted.

mustangtw

Established Member
If shorting the control dial makes it run at 100%, which I have no experience with, and it is wired pre-fpdm than you should be fine tuning the car.

mustangtw

Established Member
Do you hear a high pitched amplifier type of noise coming from the bap with the car running? If so the bap is on and working. From what I have read, the bap is controlled by the computer and fpdm on our cars so I don't know why you would really need the adjustment dial.

Users who are viewing this thread