Boost a pump for 99-04 GT, 20 amp or 40 amp?

spike_africa

Established Member
Cheaper and simpler to do a fuel pump swap. A Procharged car should be fine with a SVT Focus pump, or even better Ford GT pump. All a direct swap in. Easy job takes 2 hours, and no extra bullshit to fail in the car.

bergs

Established Member
I had a supercar pump but it was maxed out. I just swapped in a walbro 290 lph pump and it is hitting 85% duty cycle at redline. Better than the supercar which was at 100%. I figure doing the wire upgrade and bap is just insurance amd will lower the duty cycle more.

bergs

Established Member
OK so I got the bap from late model resto and it has no controller dial. Does this mean it is always at full power? it has an RCA outlet for what I assume is the controller but it did not include any kind of control. I have read somewhere that some BAPs do not come with a control, but if it has a hook up like this and no control does that mean it is at 0% and basically serves no purpose? I could jump the wires together inside the case I guess but I've never seen one like this before.

bap1.jpg

any ideas?

NC03GT

Established Member
OK so I got the bap from late model resto and it has no controller dial. Does this mean it is always at full power? it has an RCA outlet for what I assume is the controller but it did not include any kind of control. I have read somewhere that some BAPs do not come with a control, but if it has a hook up like this and no control does that mean it is at 0% and basically serves no purpose? I could jump the wires together inside the case I guess but I've never seen one like this before.

bap1.jpg

any ideas?

if i remember right my buddy got his install guide off KB's website

Users who are viewing this thread