boost a pump problems

mystcobra04

Established Member
ok just purchased a Kenny bell BAP, the wiring dia does not match mine. went on utube and found a site where he said to use the green/white wire to the BAP. did that and car would not start reversed the wire think I had the volage inlet wrong still no good. hook back the green wire and car started. so looking at the wire dia. again it said I can go off the fuel cut off switch, but a gain it calling for different wire color brown/pink, mine is white in black out to the fpdm harness. so I put the pump in line on the black wire going to the fpdm, car started, but I don't know if its supplying the voltage to the pump. I have 39psi at the fuel rail, had 39 at the fuel without the pump. is the pressure suppose to be higher? and also am I ok with where I put it, and if not does anyone have the corrected wire color to the pump. I'm not using the pressure switch everyone I talk to said not to. whats your thoughts on that.

TRBO VNM

You have a terminator right? Then you are wiring it up wrong. I don't know what wiring diagram you are using. I never use the KB instructions. I use my own.

Do you have a wire upgrade? If not, you should do that as well.

Last edited:

Franco

Established Member
You have a terminator right? Then you are wiring it up wrong. I don't know what wiring diagram you are using. I never use the KB instructions. I use my own.

I'm gonna be installing one soon do you have directions posted somewhere. I just purchase the bap and the wiring upgrade

funmoneypit

Established Member

I'm gonna be installing one soon do you have directions posted somewhere. I just purchase the bap and the wiring upgrade
Me too TRBO, do you have a diagram or just from memory?

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
BAPinstall.jpg

For a GT but same setup (except pink/black instead of green/yellow). That diagram is for always on pre-fpdm installation. I personally prefer this method as the pump supply voltage is constant and the FPDM pulses ground to the pumps to get a dersired voltage at the pumps. I don't like the idea of using the Hobbs switch and throwing the FPDM a curveball on regulating voltage via the ground by changing the input voltage instantly mid operation. Hope that helps.

Edit: If your having problems with wire color, go to the FPDM plug and use the diagram below to identify the power wire. Cut the wire at pin 9 the end going to the FPDM gets connected to the red (unfused) BAP wire the other side goes to the trigger on your relay.
2008-06-21_152341_107197225.gif

Last edited:

Rich'sTRsvt

Established Member
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread