Boost accuator

01blkL

Established Member
I know this was just posted not to long ago but?????? If you un plug the vacum line does it matter where the sensor is postioned? I didn't pay attenion to where it was stock,.... and it isn't running as good as it did before.... I know rookie mistake. Someone has to make them.

Rgig

Established Member
Don't know

Good question...

I've adjusted my accumulator and marked it's position before I did anything but as far as the vacum line is concerned... I've never jacked with it.

Most people say the accumulator should just barely touch the stop when adjusting it. I didn't follow that approach. I used trial and error until I could drive at 80mph on a flat road, step on the gas for a mild acceleration and not have the boost gage move up.

Now... I recently took my "L" to New Mexico (NO 93 OCTANE ANYWHERE!!) and found that the gradual inclines did cause me to lose vacuum... but it pretty much stayed at zero unless I needed to accelerate more aggressively.

Trial and error will work. It doesn't take to much time at all. Besides... it give you more quality time with your "L".
:r:

LTNBOLT

Blown Member
Established Member
Rgig,

That is the perfect adjustment. When you are cruising at 70 to 80
the guage should be on the bottom. A small tap of the pedal or an incline should make the needle move.

01blkL,

You should be able to look at the bracket and tell where the bolt was orginally tightened. Usually halfway between there and where the lever rises off of the rubber stop is the sweet spot.

Rgig

Established Member
That's it!!

That's where I have it. Bottomed out while cruising at 70 to 80. Then when I give it a little foot... it responds by moving up the gauge.

Here in Dallas there aren't many hills. New Mexico was really different. I don't think I could leave it as it is now if I had to live where there are serious hills.

Users who are viewing this thread